Our Very Own Published Author!!!

Your book. Yes it is good. :thumbup:
Last edited by Paladin on Sat May 07, 2011 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An intellectual is someone that can change their mind after being given enough evidence.

“ I nearly murdered somebody, and it made me realise that you can't face violence with violence. It doesn't work. ”

—Joe Strummer
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303498926.257941.jpg

Re: Hey Greengunner look what I got.

It is entertaining. I am about 50 pages in and it is kind of an American Terry Pratchett kind of subtle humor.
An intellectual is someone that can change their mind after being given enough evidence.

“ I nearly murdered somebody, and it made me realise that you can't face violence with violence. It doesn't work. ”

—Joe Strummer

Re: Our Very Own Published Author!!!

It is entertaining and it also supports Greengunner the author. If you like a humorous mockumentry type read.

—Joe Strummer

http://www.amazon.com/American-Idol-S-C ... sr=1-2-ent
In a twisted yet somehow familiar version of America where militias, doomsday cults and self proclaimed Prophets are as commonplace as gas stations and fast food restaurants, The American Idol Company is born. After outraging millions across the world and coming dangerously close to starting World War Three, The American Idol Company is poised to become the next great religion, but the looming threat of disaster is never far behind. Their goal: resurrect Idolatry as a prominent religion and get rich manufacturing and selling Idols. They publicly promote their fledgling company as if it were a legitimate religion and they themselves Prophets. The company becomes quickly and wildly successful but outrages millions across the country and around the world. Operating under the belief that scandal and controversy will increase sales, Augustus and Desmond manage to insult everyone from the Pope to the Ayatollah, and come dangerously close to starting World War 3. Meanwhile, a shadowy group of religious fundamentalists manipulate a naive young man named Robert General. Robert, a repressed homosexual and member of the Sweethaven Chapter of the Righteous American Nazis, is used as a pawn in a plot to murder Augustus Owen Dean and destroy The American Idol Company. The looming threat of disaster comes to fruition in the city of Galapagos, Texas, when Rob General, confused and drug-addled, flies a small explosive laden airplane into The American Idol Company headquarters.
By Bahija

Nothing is sacred and everything is fair game in S.C. Hayden's American Idol.
This book is NOT for the easily offended, but it IS for lovers of wit and satire.

Bravo!
Capitalism was reasonably content under Hitler, happy under Mussolini, very happy under Franco and delirious under General Pinochet. -- John Ralston Saul

ShootingBull wrote:Love it, will try. Thanks!

"Our own published author" should have been enough. I was just wondering if you had a reason you were enjoying it as you explained.

It is big shoes to put him in and not there yet but it is the style of Prachett and Addams. It has almost the same story arc and characters, but not the meter.

—Joe Strummer