2240 or American Classic (1377)?

I have a really old, pretty crappy co2 pistol.

I'm thinking it would be fun to get a better one to target shoot with in the basement during the winter.

Do I want the 2240 or the 1377?

I like the idea of no co2 cartridges. And the .177 ammo would be more than adequate for punching holes in paper.

Oh, and I'm a lefty if that matters, my current air pistol came with right handed grips and it sucks.

School me.
-+-+-+-+
"Nothing exists except atoms and empty space. Everything else is just opinion." -Democritus 
-+-+-+-+-
Come check out my custom 1911 grips and other wooden items at my Etsy store.

Re: 2240 or American Classic (1377)?

I would suggest something like this. It looks very lefty friendly.

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/IZH_53M_A ... iews-block

I am not a CO2 gun fan. They are loud and the CO2 cartridges are one more thing to buy/keep on hand. Spring piston guns are very quiet, not much more difficult to reload than the 2240 and a whole lot faster than the multi pump 1377 which is also likely to be loud in comparison.
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

The propane airsoft guns are a lot cheaper to operate. I just got an attachment to refill Coleman bottles from a Blue Rhino tank. I am an airsoft reloader. :lol:

And the blowback guns have all the actions of a real pistol. Except no casing ejection.
"I am conservative about those things that should be preserved

and liberal about those things that should be changed."

Sonofagun wrote:I just bought a Crossman 1377 black bolt action air pump on Amazon for 54.00 free ship. It's durable enough and accurate. Treated right "don't over pump it" should last a life time. Treated like I treated my first one, should make a nice pry-bar or hammer.
Ha.

I just broke out my 40 year old Daisy 880 pump. It worked flawlessly. It was a great starter to get a couple of friends, who had never shot anything before, used to the idea of shooting before we went to the range.

-------------

Update: I just checked and it says 881 on the barrel. I am not sure what the difference is and Google has not been my friend. It has a silver looking metal receiver and blued looking metal barrel. I would guess it was made in the mid to late 70s.
"The waves which dash on the shore are, one by one, broken; but yet the ocean conquers nevertheless."
- Lord Byron

Lee wrote:The propane airsoft guns are a lot cheaper to operate. I just got an attachment to refill Coleman bottles from a Blue Rhino tank. I am an airsoft reloader. :lol:

And the blowback guns have all the actions of a real pistol. Except no casing ejection.
Do the blowback pellet guns come with a free Ken doll and tickets to Chucky Cheese?
Keep Bow Tight ~Sitting Bull
http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/90682-i ... ooks-ahead