Re: We just bought 2 airsoft guns

Inquisitor wrote:Depends on the manufacturer. And the weight of the ammo. And whether there is an adjustable "hop up". And frankly, how much it costs :)

I have some that are dead accurate.

What'd ya get?
my original post was garbled. I got what I paid for. these were 10 and 15 dollar pistols one transparant both with springs. walmart
One even had a laser sight which worked for 1/2 second.
We did this because I've had an occasional bb come back and hit my window or me.
We're shooting at old fry pans. I just need to change the angle of the pans.
We have 3 bb guns which are also crappy but i can hit a pie plate at 30 yards or so.
So we have some kids coming and their parents have expressed an interest in guns and shooting and I figured we could start on my porch.
If it was during the week and they were here for more days we could just go to the range and shoot firearms.
Thanks for the answer I hate to spend hundreds for an air gun when I can buy more Firearms. That being said I should get a couple anyway
Help Help My head is swimming.
How to Embed a Youtube Video - click here
If you live a long life, it is a testament to your friends' self control.
Join The LGC

Thread Killer

I have one of these (not clear) and a CO2 version of the same (you can get them for less than 50 bucks). They are reasonably accurate.

http://www.amazon.com/Soft-Air-SP2022-P ... 93&sr=8-29

I like the spring ones because the action works (you can and must cycle the slide manually between shots) and you can talk about operation and demontrate. You can also disassemble it much like the real thing.

http://www.amazon.com/Soft-Air-SP2022-P ... 69&sr=8-24

The CO2 one has a little more punch. I have a gel target and can (almost) put everything in 2 inchs at 15 feet. Not olympic precision, but entertaqining for plinking and demonstration.

Inquisitor wrote:I have one of these (not clear) and a CO2 version of the same (you can get them for less than 50 bucks). They are reasonably accurate.

The CO2 one has a little more punch. I have a gel target and can (almost) put everything in 2 inchs at 15 feet. Not olympic precision, but entertaqining for plinking and demonstration.
Thank you. I'll have to upgrade to shoot airsoft then. 15 feet!

I'm shooting at 20 to 30 yards. Maybe I'm just too far away.
Join The LGC

Thread Killer

retrojoe wrote:Biodegradable pellets are available. Personally, they are the only ones I'd use outdoors.
That's what we did.

The goofy little pistol was largely to teach my son proper gun safety and it's worked nicely. Beyond that it makes a solid sound when it hits a box lid at 4'.
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

goosekiller wrote:
ErikO wrote:The goofy little pistol was largely to teach my son proper gun safety and it's worked nicely. Beyond that it makes a solid sound when it hits a box lid at 4'.
I know kids that are allowed to play war with them, conversely.
That's what the Nerf guns are for. ;)
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

ErikO wrote:
goosekiller wrote: I know kids that are allowed to play war with them, conversely.
They also had a full face mask at walmart so you can get shot in the face with them.
I'll stick to the red ryder daisy the spring loaded crossman and my co2 crossman pellet or bb.
Probably only one kid and his dad may shoot.
The little sister is more of an artist but yah never know.
Anyway I hear he plays bass. If so, then that may be the way to go.
I'd rather have the kid take a course than me teach them.
Their dad was here before they were born. For a week he kept asking me "When are we gonna go shoot?"
"Finally I said how about now?" He said "Is there a down side to this? Like do we have to CLEAN them?"
"Yep"
"Never mind then"
So anyway I'd rather take his dad out to shoot the ar and a .357 and a .22 and a 9 and a colt SAA. He's been waiting about 15 years.
I'll clean them later
Join The LGC

Thread Killer