I went Tactifool on the Benji and Laser Setup Tips for Scope

Not really but I did add a laser/light combo. As well as Raccoons raiding my garden and trying to get into my chicken coop I have a Nutrea (maybe two or three) eroding my seawall. My stupid neighbor has a security klieg light on the back of his garage which lights up my back yard like prison compound and reflects off the eyepiece element of my scope when I'm at the bottom of my yard by the water. It makes getting a good sight picture quite difficult. I saw one of the little bastards the other night but couldn't get a bead on him due to said light. And yes, I did think about just shooting the light but it's, like, antisocial and illegal and stuff.

Anyway I got this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004V9 ... 00_details

The flashlight is lame but the laser seems serviceable enough, so far. My rifle is a Benjamin Marauder .25 PCP.

A couple of points on setup. The combo mounts to the scope tube and it seems natural to level the laser and light, indeed this how it is usually shown in pictures. This will work fine if you only intend to shoot at one distance, just rest the rifle and look through the scope while you adjust the laser to the center of the crosshairs and you're bang on for whatever distance the scope is sighted at. The problem is horizontal parallax. You will notice that as you sight on targets closer and further than the the scope is zeroed for that the laser spot will move diagonally across your field of view. This is due to the scope and laser not being in the same vertical plane. The easy answer is to cant the mount to the side so the laser sits directly above the scope, now the only parallax is vertical which is actually pretty cool. Sight on an object closer than zero and the laser dot will rise above the crosshairs, further away and it will drop below. With some practice and a mil dot reticle this is a very useful range finder. :)

I have been enjoying pinging bullseyes from the hip on my 10 meter garage range. Now to stop being lazy and go sit and wait for those vermin.
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese