Re: Run Biathlon

Inquisitor wrote:Part of me really wants to do this, but gods, I hate running.
Amy (my blog co-star) and I used to bike together and say how we hate running. Then I started running and with all the cycling fitness it wasn't so bad. Then she started running. I inched up the mileage and it actually felt good (i.e., endorphin addiction!).

So you never know!

rolandson wrote:i envy. i love running...so much i destroyed my knee. don't get to do it anymore. i dream about it though.
I think a major reason (other than needing an exercise option when too cold to bike and no snow to ski) was that I was getting older and it was a bit of a "now or never" effort with running. I also am keenly aware that my ability to run may change at any moment so I try to smartly keep at it and run some fun races.

i ran track and x-country in high school and then let it slide until my 30's...never having a coach for running asphalt, i never learned that hills were made for running up and walking down. I always looked at them as an opportunity to pick up my pace.

Two scopes and two titanium/stainless/plastic replacements later (first failed), i have a left leg that doesn't work and keeps breaking and a standing script for pain meds...

which also put the kibosh on skiing...a passion since age six.

may i suggest walking down hills??
Subliterate Buffooery of the right...
Literate Ignorance of the left...
We Are So Screwed