Re: POSTAL MATCH No. 2 -- DETAILS

Fukshot wrote:
Merle wrote:
Fukshot wrote:I know some gun geeks who are gear heads who would probably put a red dot on one of their pistols if it let them shoot one more round in the postal.

Don't forget the 1911 scope mounts that attach under a grip panel.

Recently I looked for one of those, but couldn't find one. Any clues as to where I can find one? Thanks! :beer2:
http://www.brownells.com/optics-mountin ... rod63.aspx

Thank you! Now I can outfit my spare 1911 with a red dot! :clap:
Merle from PA

Wow. That kicked my ass tonight. I practiced a while ago and figured if I had a good night with the right gun, I could shoot the possible score on this. I did not have a good night. i shot it with a fairly light gun and a stout load. A few rounds of practice made it seem like an ok idea. By the end of 48 I was sore.

Great challenging match, Paco!

Sorry to all that I've been absent from this forum of late. I am out of the country and haven't had regular access to WiFi. I hoped that would change this week, and it has -- but only a bit.

I have finally been able to download the score sheets submitted up to today, and I will acknowledge them all asap.

I hope more members will shoot the match before June 15th.
When you side with a man, you stay with him -- Pike Bishop

Paco wrote:Sorry to all that I've been absent from this forum of late. I am out of the country and haven't had regular access to WiFi. I hoped that would change this week, and it has -- but only a bit.

I have finally been able to download the score sheets submitted up to today, and I will acknowledge them all asap.

I hope more members will shoot the match before June 15th.

I shot the rimfire, now I intend to pick a centerfire & have at it again! :clap:
Merle from PA

I squeaked it in!

I thought the submission day was yesterday, and was too tired to go to the range after a day of flying. Yay Paco for making the submission deadline on a Monday!

I think the week off of shooting might have been good for me - I think I did marginally better at the 15 yard distances, but I still fold under pressure. I need to spend more time doing timed shooting.

.22LR - .380ACP - 9mm - .38Spl/.357Mag - .45ACP - 5.56NATO - .308Win - .45-70Gov - 12Ga
Join!

Not sure if it's set by some canon of rules, but could the next postal match be a little less complicated in the execution? I think we spent more time deciphering the set up and scoring than we did actually shooting the match.

My vote is for a standard 10pt. bullseye target with basic scoring. We're simple folks who just think shooting stuff is fun.
LGC Texas - Vice President

Fukshot wrote:
fknauss wrote:It seemed straightforward to me.
*insert cruel joke about Texans here*
:roflmao: So how many participated? I did half of it. Probably wouldn't have improved my score even if I had shot the whole thing! :roflmao:

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.