Annual Meeting - 2016 (Where?/When?)

Information about upcoming meetings and reviews of past ones.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

drigeba
Loquacious

Re: Annual Meeting - 2016 (Where?/When?)

#26 Post by drigeba » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:28 pm

laragc wrote:Living on the West Coast but willing to travel east if the timing works out. I'd rather do a Fall event to be honest - I prefer non-mosquito season as much as possible. I really liked the range we shot at last year - large, clean, safe, and plenty of variety. It would be fun to have something unusual like the BLM land to shoot on though. I like the idea of Phoenix if it's not July.

I'm off to Texas next week to the A Girl and A Gun's National Convention in Marble Falls - big range that can fit 325 of us, and heligunning on Wednesday. I'll report back on that range and the heligunning experience when I return.
I want to go do the heligunning sometime....

have a fun time!
Bleeding Heart Liberal with Second Amendment Benefits.
ImageImage

spara
Chatty

#27 Post by spara » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:09 pm

laragc wrote:I'm off to Texas next week to the A Girl and A Gun's National Convention in Marble Falls - big range that can fit 325 of us, and heligunning on Wednesday. I'll report back on that range and the heligunning experience when I return.
Have fun! The AGAG National Conference is a pretty busy conference. I think they'll hold most of sessions in the bays, but there are some great natural terrain courses. I just shot the X-Treme Bullets Texas 3 Gun Championship there a couple of weekends ago and it's a great facility.

Inquisitor
Site Admin

#28 Post by Inquisitor » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:53 am

There may be a compelling reason to go to Oregon this year. If we get no east coast volunteers I may call that reason most compelling.

Oregon you up for it?

Bacchus
Loquacious

#29 Post by Bacchus » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:29 pm

I was kind of hoping for a Bend, OR meet next year during the eclipse. ;)

Speaking for myself, yeah, I think we're up for it. We're building a clubhouse after all, and it would be a shame not to have friends over. :) Whaddya say Oregon LGC?

Could you send me an outline of what's required? Given that the East seems due a meeting, we'll get in line to host later on if someone else wants to volunteer.
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

ImageImage

atxgunguy
Carpal Tunnel

#30 Post by atxgunguy » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:10 pm

Bacchus wrote:I was kind of hoping for a Bend, OR meet next year during the eclipse. ;)

Speaking for myself, yeah, I think we're up for it. We're building a clubhouse after all, and it would be a shame not to have friends over. :) Whaddya say Oregon LGC?

Could you send me an outline of what's required? Given that the East seems due a meeting, we'll get in line to host later on if someone else wants to volunteer.
The wife and I have been wanting to venture out to that part of the Oregon. We also have direct flights to Portland from here.
"You miss 100% of the sandwiches you never ate."

drigeba
Loquacious

#31 Post by drigeba » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:39 am

Oregon is fine with me!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Bleeding Heart Liberal with Second Amendment Benefits.
ImageImage

JColville
Chatty

#32 Post by JColville » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:50 am

Oregon always works for me. :love: Does anyone have a venue in mind? Somewhere with distance shooting would be cool.
Cynistoicureanism: The world view best expressed by "I can't trust 'em any farther then I can throw 'em, There's nothing I can do about it anyway, So let's have a drink".

Inquisitor
Site Admin

#33 Post by Inquisitor » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:52 am

JColville wrote:Oregon always works for me. :love: Does anyone have a venue in mind? Somewhere with distance shooting would be cool.

We would leave that to the volunteers :)

Hiker
Chatty

#34 Post by Hiker » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:57 am

I would like to suggest Kentucky. If you have the meetings in Lexington, we can shoot at Bud's. If we meet in Louisville, we can go to Knob Creek Gun Range.(home of the big machine gun shoot.)
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

CDFingers
Carpal Tunnel

#35 Post by CDFingers » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:22 pm

Bacchus wrote:I was kind of hoping for a Bend, OR meet next year during the eclipse. ;)
Right--that's 2017.

http://www.eclipse2017.org/2017/path_through_the_US.htm

We have friends in Bend, so we're going there. I think it'll be a camp out of some kind on their ranch. Plenty of time to plan.

I'll throw in a vote for Oregon this year.

CDFingers
ImageImage
There's a dragon with matches that's loose on the town
take a whole pail of water just to cool him down

Bacchus
Loquacious

#36 Post by Bacchus » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:35 pm

Oregon LGC: We can talk about the planning for this at Sunday's range trip. :)

ImageImage

spara
Chatty

#37 Post by spara » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:15 pm

CDFingers wrote:
Right--that's 2017.

http://www.eclipse2017.org/2017/path_through_the_US.htm

We have friends in Bend, so we're going there. I think it'll be a camp out of some kind on their ranch. Plenty of time to plan.

I'll throw in a vote for Oregon this year.

CDFingers
If this could somehow coincide with Northwest Mog Fest, I would be there in a heartbeat.

Bacchus
Loquacious

#38 Post by Bacchus » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:37 pm

Oregon is looking forward to hosting this one. :) Portland (the left one) 2016! :yahoo:

Working on dates, but comments are welcome. Thinking early/mid October at this point...

ImageImage

laragc

#39 Post by laragc » Fri May 06, 2016 8:18 pm

Report back on Copperhead Creek Gun Club - nice range, a bit rough on the legs and feet as it's essentially bays quarried out of the limestone. They have EVERYTHING though - 5 stand, skeet, trap, sporting clays, pistol, rifle, long range, natural terrain. I liked the range, people were VERY nice, but we'd have to get with them on having enough RSOs available as I understand that can be an issue there although the conference I was at had it's own RSOs. It would be a viable choice for a meetup - it's about 45-50 minutes west of Austin so easy to get to. One other option might be San Antonio - the National Shooting Complex is there for us clays enthusiasts and boy is it beautiful! There are several options around for pistol and rifle as well. If we want to consider Texas again for 2017, I think both are options.

An added benefit - HELIGUNNER! OMFG - AMAZING!!! Nothing better than shooting at targets with an AR while you are going 100mph plus in a helicopter. It's not cheap, but you can spread the cost if we have enough people interested in trying it. The guy who owns it is great and would love to have us. We can do it either at Copperhead Creek or San Antonio and I think they have other Texas options as well.

As for Knob Creek - I really like that idea. I need to get back to the machine gun shoot one of these days. We could look at Rockcastle too, although it's not cheap for non-members, they do have group options as I understand it.

macrae

#40 Post by macrae » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:21 pm

I can't find the post(s) with data about which hotel, etc...point me, please?

Thanks, Steve

Simmer down
Site Admin

#41 Post by Simmer down » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:21 pm

macrae wrote:I can't find the post(s) with data about which hotel, etc...point me, please?

Thanks, Steve
http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/phpBB3 ... 27&t=36881
Sept 16-17 Portlandia, OR
Image Image Image
Puffing up is no substitute for smarts but it's a common home remedy

Inquisitor
Site Admin

Annual Meeting - 2016 (Where?/When?)

#42 Post by Inquisitor » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:26 am

Yeah I need to add the hotel to the registration page.