September 16, 17 - LGC Annual Meeting, Portland, Oregon

Information about upcoming meetings and reviews of past ones.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

Buck13
Loquacious

Re: September 16, 17 - LGC Annual Meeting, Portland, Oregon

#51 Post by Buck13 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:45 pm

What size are the target holders at the English Pit? Can we bring home-printed 8.5x11" targets?

Also, what is their rate-of-fire policy? Can we shoot this match during the event?
http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/phpBB3 ... 93&start=0
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

ImageImage

Bacchus
Loquacious

#52 Post by Bacchus » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:16 pm

p0lyhuman wrote:
Bumbazine wrote:Is there anything on tap for Saturday morning other than the training?
Your question never got answered and I was wondering the same thing.

Is there any agenda other than the instructor training? A state of the union meeting or something similar? Discussion of any pressing matters for the club as a whole? There are some things I think bear discussing in light of how the dynamics of the gun rights movement may be shifting in the near future.

Is it just a weekend long meetup?
I'll try to post an agenda/schedule this evening on this forum, but: Saturday AM will be taken up primarily by the training session, 8am - Noon. For those not signed up for this, our member JColville will be taking a group to The English Pit for range time. (Thanks Jim!) The rest of the group will cruise over there after the training.

Club business - State of the Club, group discussion, raffle - will take place Saturday evening at the hotel conference room.

Note that we may have to be flexible about the shooting bit- looks like a good chance of rain on Saturday. :eh: Never mind about the weeks and weeks of perfectly sunny, balmy weather we've had, it's still Portland.
Buck13 wrote:What size are the target holders at the English Pit? Can we bring home-printed 8.5x11" targets?

Also, what is their rate-of-fire policy? Can we shoot this match during the event?
http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/phpBB3 ... 93&start=0
As I recall, you are welcome to use your own paper targets, but rapid fire is not allowed. Rules here: http://englishpit.com/rules/
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

ImageImage

Inquisitor
Site Admin

#53 Post by Inquisitor » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:53 pm

Add a discussion round table moderated by poly ;)

Infernus

#54 Post by Infernus » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:07 pm

New member.
Live in Vancouver WA

I'm doing the LGC Grant Cunningham Instructor Training 2016 from 8am-12pm
I have a membership at TCGC and can take 3 quest if any one wants to shoot there instead of the pit after the class.

p0lyhuman
Been around awhile

#55 Post by p0lyhuman » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:59 pm

Inquisitor wrote:Add a discussion round table moderated by poly ;)
Thank you! Now the pressure's on...

Fiddler
Grizzled Veteran

#56 Post by Fiddler » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:41 pm

Infernus wrote:New member.
Live in Vancouver WA

I'm doing the LGC Grant Cunningham Instructor Training 2016 from 8am-12pm
I have a membership at TCGC and can take 3 quest if any one wants to shoot there instead of the pit after the class.
Welcome! I'm also a TCGC member. I'm afraid the club(TCGC, that is) wasn't interested in allowing us to host our 'official' event there, but if we have several members we can certainly bring a few guests if we wind up with a crowd that wants to go that way.
Last edited by Fiddler on Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

CrazyWolf
Grizzled Veteran

#57 Post by CrazyWolf » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:16 am

It fine to bring guests, yes? My hosts are interested in attending.

Fiddler
Grizzled Veteran

#58 Post by Fiddler » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:53 am

The more the merrier, I would think. We want to be doing outreach after all.
Secretary of Oregon LGC and LGC Instructor
Cowboy Action Shooting Alias: Jabber Walk.
Member, TCGC. | Firearm Safety
Paid your dues? | Subscribe to your local thread.

rolandson
Site Admin

#59 Post by rolandson » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:00 pm

It was truly nice to see you guys again. Wish that my schedule had been more cooperative, but at least we had McPickleshitters... We'll always have McPickleshitters.

Had the chance to drag The Clown, "E", and the clown's cannon out to a range on Monday before they jetted off to points east, thus maintaining the spirit of the weekend's festivities. Thoroughly enjoyed that very elegant 1911 of his.

Until next time!
r
good tea, nice house

Bacchus
Loquacious

#60 Post by Bacchus » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:12 pm

rolandson wrote:It was truly nice to see you guys again. Wish that my schedule had been more cooperative, but at least we had McPickleshitters... We'll always have McPickleshitters.

Had the chance to drag The Clown, "E", and the clown's cannon out to a range on Monday before they jetted off to points east, thus maintaining the spirit of the weekend's festivities. Thoroughly enjoyed that very elegant 1911 of his.

Until next time!
r
And it was very nice finally getting to meet you and to have a chance to chat. I hope you will show up for one of our local meets in the near future. (Oregon LGC will be having a winter meet up, probably at that very same indoor range)

:beer2:

ImageImage

TheHunterOfSkulls
Chatty

#61 Post by TheHunterOfSkulls » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:11 am

Bacchus wrote:And it was very nice finally getting to meet you and to have a chance to chat. I hope you will show up for one of our local meets in the near future. (Oregon LGC will be having a winter meet up, probably at that very same indoor range)

I'm definitely okay with this idea. Might even have a pistol by then.
My official title is Doctor Mister Hunter Of Skullyness. Don't ask me, ask Fukshot.

The moral certainty of the crusader is as much a comfort to them as it is a burden to those in the path of their crusade.

Bacchus
Loquacious

#62 Post by Bacchus » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:23 pm

TheHunterOfSkulls wrote:
Bacchus wrote:And it was very nice finally getting to meet you and to have a chance to chat. I hope you will show up for one of our local meets in the near future. (Oregon LGC will be having a winter meet up, probably at that very same indoor range)

I'm definitely okay with this idea. Might even have a pistol by then.
You're welcome to borrow any of mine. :) You shot my Glock 17 (9mm) during Grant's training at the range. It's the full-size version, and I've got the sub-compact flavor in 9mm and .45 also, as well as full size in .45. If you liked it, let me know- I'll pack it!

ImageImage

TheHunterOfSkulls
Chatty

#63 Post by TheHunterOfSkulls » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:03 pm

Bacchus wrote:You're welcome to borrow any of mine. :) You shot my Glock 17 (9mm) during Grant's training at the range. It's the full-size version, and I've got the sub-compact flavor in 9mm and .45 also, as well as full size in .45. If you liked it, let me know- I'll pack it!
Sadly, I'm not a fan. We may have to talk that Fiddler guy into coming along and bringing his wife's XDM with him, because that was the one I did my best shooting of the day with.
My official title is Doctor Mister Hunter Of Skullyness. Don't ask me, ask Fukshot.

The moral certainty of the crusader is as much a comfort to them as it is a burden to those in the path of their crusade.

Fiddler
Grizzled Veteran

#64 Post by Fiddler » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:07 pm

TheHunterOfSkulls wrote:
Bacchus wrote:You're welcome to borrow any of mine. :) You shot my Glock 17 (9mm) during Grant's training at the range. It's the full-size version, and I've got the sub-compact flavor in 9mm and .45 also, as well as full size in .45. If you liked it, let me know- I'll pack it!
Sadly, I'm not a fan. We may have to talk that Fiddler guy into coming along and bringing his wife's XDM with him, because that was the one I did my best shooting of the day with.
Any time!
Secretary of Oregon LGC and LGC Instructor
Cowboy Action Shooting Alias: Jabber Walk.
Member, TCGC. | Firearm Safety
Paid your dues? | Subscribe to your local thread.

HuckleberryFun
Loquacious

#65 Post by HuckleberryFun » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:34 pm

I would like to attend the LGC Annual Meeting. Is it too late just to show up? I live in Portland, and just joined LGC and the forum today. I've shot at The English Pit several times, so I'm up for the above mentioned shoot meet there on Friday if that's still a GO.
If it's not too late, please let me know when/where to show up. Thanks!
ImageImage
"If you find yourself in hand-to-hand combat...your tactics suck." --military maxim

JColville
Chatty

#66 Post by JColville » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:43 pm

HuckleberryFun wrote:I would like to attend the LGC Annual Meeting. Is it too late just to show up? I live in Portland, and just joined LGC and the forum today. I've shot at The English Pit several times, so I'm up for the above mentioned shoot meet there on Friday if that's still a GO.
Sadly that boat has already sailed, BUT the Oregon Chapter of LGC meets periodically and as a paid member you are automatically enrolled. Now, if whatever power has the keys to the secret room will unlock the door, you can have access to the LGC Oregon room. Bacchus and I have discussed a New Years shoot at A Place to Shoot, so the opportunities are there. I don't know where the next national meeting will be; there was some mention of St. Louis. Keep your eyes posted on the forum.

Jim
Cynistoicureanism: The world view best expressed by "I can't trust 'em any farther then I can throw 'em, There's nothing I can do about it anyway, So let's have a drink".

HuckleberryFun
Loquacious

#67 Post by HuckleberryFun » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:18 pm

JColville wrote:
HuckleberryFun wrote:I would like to attend the LGC Annual Meeting. Is it too late just to show up? I live in Portland, and just joined LGC and the forum today. I've shot at The English Pit several times, so I'm up for the above mentioned shoot meet there on Friday if that's still a GO.
Sadly that boat has already sailed, BUT the Oregon Chapter of LGC meets periodically and as a paid member you are automatically enrolled. Now, if whatever power has the keys to the secret room will unlock the door, you can have access to the LGC Oregon room. Bacchus and I have discussed a New Years shoot at A Place to Shoot, so the opportunities are there. I don't know where the next national meeting will be; there was some mention of St. Louis. Keep your eyes posted on the forum.

Jim
Thanks, Jim. Sorry I misread the date of the meeting. I'll keep an eye on the threads for local Oregon activities. Who do I see to get into the LGC Oregon room?
Open Sesame!
ImageImage
"If you find yourself in hand-to-hand combat...your tactics suck." --military maxim

Bacchus
Loquacious

#68 Post by Bacchus » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:01 am

HuckleberryFun wrote:
JColville wrote:

Jim
Thanks, Jim. Sorry I misread the date of the meeting. I'll keep an eye on the threads for local Oregon activities. Who do I see to get into the LGC Oregon room?
Open Sesame!
You should now have access to the Oregon Secret Room. ;) It should be visible to you once you log in, under the Local forum. Welcome! :) Please post back here if you cannot see the Oregon group. We'll have at least one more range day as a group before year's end. We look forward to seeing you there!

P.S. Last year's New Year's shoot at the English Pit was blustery and about 37 degrees F., if I recall... Perfect for Jim's milsurps! :) Maybe this year we'll luck out and get some snow...

ImageImage