Thanks to all who attended!

Information about upcoming meetings and reviews of past ones.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

GrantCunningham
Helpful Contributor

Thanks to all who attended!

#1 Post by GrantCunningham » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:59 pm

Thanks for having me at the Annual Meeting! It was a pleasure meeting all of you and a privilege to work with the group.

(As an aside: I have Google alerts set up for a number of different firearm and self-defense related topics and very often see gun forum threads in the results. I must compliment you — this forum is a refreshing change from the normal detritus I see in my alerts feed!)

Inquisitor
Site Admin

Re: Thanks to all who attended!

#2 Post by Inquisitor » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:24 pm

You were awesome and went above and beyond.

Thank you, sincerely.

shinzen
Site Admin

#3 Post by shinzen » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:24 pm

Absolutely agreed- thanks for putting it together and making a truly excellent training that our instructors can work with- You've been great to work with through this process and if you need a reference for any reason, please let us know.

TheHunterOfSkulls
Chatty

#4 Post by TheHunterOfSkulls » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:48 am

You're a top-notch educator. I'm not exactly a conventional learner, but you had me engaged the entire time where others probably would have had me propping my eyelids open with toothpicks. And you've successfully converted me into a fan of striker-fired autos, which I didn't think was going to be a thing. I'm pretty sure I speak for everybody in the Oregon membership when I say you're absolutely welcome to join us whenever we gather. We'll just try and make sure that next time is on more level (and drier) ground.
My official title is Doctor Mister Hunter Of Skullyness. Don't ask me, ask Fukshot.

The moral certainty of the crusader is as much a comfort to them as it is a burden to those in the path of their crusade.

p0lyhuman
Been around awhile

#5 Post by p0lyhuman » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:40 pm

I wanted to echo what others have said. I admire your resolve to get us the information we needed to know even when the range conditions were about as unfavorable as possible. I've learned how much more I need to learn, and also started thinking about self defense more holistically.

I'm looking forward to completing the training with the remote video portion.

Thanks again!

laragc

#6 Post by laragc » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:25 pm

I want to add my thanks as well. It was an excellent, exceedingly helpful training and I'm happy to add all the information to my toolbox. While Rob Pincus and I would likely end up murdering each other if we spent five days together, I will pick up his books you recommended, as well as a few others.

Elmo

#7 Post by Elmo » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:34 pm

Yes, thank you, Grant. Excellent training in an excellent course of instructions.

I also appreciate that you can impart information while retaining an engaging and friendly personality. I have trained with at least one nationally-known firearms instructor (who shares my first name -- the real one, not Elmo) who REALLY needs to learn that lesson.
"To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime" - Nuremberg prosecutor Robert Jackson, 1946

Bacchus
Loquacious

#8 Post by Bacchus » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:35 pm

Grant, thank you for an engaging and informative class! The quality live fire instruction after the classroom portion was an unexpected bonus. Quality content and quality delivery- Again, thank you.

I appreciate your kind words about our forum. It is different than most, isn't it? :)
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

ImageImage

JColville
Chatty

#9 Post by JColville » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:40 pm

I don't know if I am ready to teach this but I did find where my skills and my equipment fell short of optimum. Great training.

BTW, Who was freaked out by the OPB sticker in my car window?
Cynistoicureanism: The world view best expressed by "I can't trust 'em any farther then I can throw 'em, There's nothing I can do about it anyway, So let's have a drink".