Re: Ready to try my hand at reloading

Not sure if that was directed at me, but I've already bought a good press, dies, powder measure, brass, bullets, and a scale.
Can't find no powder nohow, baby.
Hell is where:
The British are the chefs
The Swiss are the lovers
The French are the mechanics
The Italians make everything run on time
And the Germans are the police

I was too late - " 0 In Stock!" The hazmat fee makes powder one of the only things that would never be a better deal to get it online. Ever.
This just occurred to me. I can get real black powder every day, and twice on Sunday. I could just start loading black powder .45s ! Not sure I want to gunk up my Henry with the residue. Maybe I could pick up one of those cheepie Rossi leverguns in stainless. That should work, right?
Hell is where:
The Swiss are the lovers

I'm seeing powder become more and more available at my local LGS. I've yet to see any Varget on the shelves, but in the last month I've picked up a pound if Red Dot, 2 pounds of Bullseye, a pound of CFE (just to try it out), and 2 pounds of Unique.

I hope I'm not speaking too soon, but I think things are starting to loosen up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Knowledge without mileage is BULLSHIT!" -Henry Rollins

Hey Beurr, when I couldn't find powder I was loading for my .44 mag with Blackhorn 209, a clean(er) blackpowder propellant. Look for it out on the shelf at Bass Pro, Muzzleloading propellants seem relatively unaffected by the stupid. My gun was dirtier than with anything else I've used but it got me reloading. I kinda like those loads, actually, I still have 50 or so of them.

http://www.blackhorn209.com/load-data/
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

I went to my new favorite LGS, thinking I was going to have to 'settle' for the super-expensive vihtavuori powder and instead I found that they had some suitable alternatives, namely 700-x, 800-x and PB. I chose the 800-x.
Yee-haw!

I just got my 10-10 scale yesterday, so I'm pretty much set for hardware. All my brass is ready to go. Boolits are lined up all pretty, and my dies should be pretty much right on for seating and crimping. LaserCast warns to seat and crimp in separate operations. However, I made two dummy rounds, combining those operations into one, and the results were found acceptable here on the forum. Still, I have to ask, should I consider following LaserCast's advice, or am I good to go seating and crimping in one step?

Wish me luck.
Hell is where:
The Swiss are the lovers