H110 and 45 Colt

Anyone have experience on loading 45 Colt using hard-cast bullets with H110 for rifle use? I've seen some "+P" load data, ( I know it's not a real spec).

The rifle is plenty robust; Henry says it's good to go with Corbon loads. I have a full pound of H110 and I sure would like to find a way to use it.

Rifle magazine had such a load, using a 260 SWC and rifle primers; and they were getting something crazy like 1942 fps out of a Winchester 94, and 1468 fps out of a 6 inch Blackhawk. Both were 27.0 grain loads.

ps. Hot-rodding is not necessarily what I'm after, just a way to use up this powder and learn how to load with it. Ain't a whole lotta data out there for it. Just a starting load would be dandy. I can work it up...
Hell is where:
The British are the chefs
The Swiss are the lovers
The French are the mechanics
The Italians make everything run on time
And the Germans are the police

Re: H110 and 45 Colt

Did you not see the Oregon Trail Laser Cast bullet data posted for the Winchester 94 or Marlin 1894? Their max load is more like 1100 fps for cast.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

shinzen wrote:Did you not see the Oregon Trail Laser Cast bullet data posted for the Winchester 94 or Marlin 1894? Their max load is more like 1100 fps for cast.
I just saw it on Loaddata as you were posting....looks serviceable.
Hell is where:
The Swiss are the lovers

Yeah; that seemed pretty outrageous.

This is excellent. That powder looks to be pretty fussy, what with its razor thin working range. At least I have a strong gun to experiment with. :)
Hell is where:
The Swiss are the lovers