gave myself a .303 facepalm today

On my last range trip my reloads weren't chambering into my no1mk3 enfield. Dang. Well, I'm here for trigger time and have other guns, so I put it aside.

Today's question, now that I have time to look into it, are my reloads F'd up? I consulted my Lyman and Speer manuals, got out the calipers and got to measuring things. My loads, some empty shells, some factory loaded rounds. All were within spec. None of them will close and lock. WTF?

WTF is my bolt ok? Oh, duh, the bolt head on this rifle screws on. That totally escaped me. On this rifle it was not screwed on all the way. DUH! I can only figure that at one cleaning I did not properly screw the thing on.

Color me red :oops: for not looking for the simple solution first. In my defense, experimentation lead to conclusion - I just was asking the wrong question.
Heller and McDonald are precedents to be followed, not obstacles
to be overcome

Re: gave myself a .303 facepalm today

Last year this Florida boy was driving through mountains for the first time in his life.

"Goddammit! What's wrong with my car? How come it won't fucking accelerate?! Have I lost compression? Is my fuel line blocked? Is there some kind of bizarre effect of thinning of the air and my engine is failing to adapt?! WTF?"

"Dude... You're driving up a mountain."

"Oh... Right." :oops: :oops: :oops:
Every one you've ever met or will ever meet, knows something you don't. -Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Anti-Gravity Activist

Black Lives Matter

Re: gave myself a .303 facepalm today

Fukshot wrote:I thought that all sounded a bit strange. Glad you found the trouble :clap:
Yeah was pretty strange until the right question came up.

quote="senorgrand"]Dude, I installed an AR gas tube upside-down! THAT should make you feel like a god-damn genius. ;)[/quote]

Don't have an AR but yes, same kind of mistake. Takes a genius to recognize the obvious....a quote I read that did not mention how many tries it takes to figure it out...but yes! for figuring it out! Just like my story...
SwampGrouch wrote:A great many electrical and or electronic devices work much better when they are plugged in. Same gremlin.
So, yeah, my brain does not work as well on battery power....but been there, done that...learned to check that...

[quote="AmirMortal"Last year this Florida boy was driving through mountains for the first time in his life.
"Goddammit! What's wrong with my car? How come it won't fucking accelerate?! Have I lost compression? Is my fuel line blocked? Is there some kind of bizarre effect of thinning of the air and my engine is failing to adapt?! WTF?"

"Dude... You're driving up a mountain."

"Oh... Right." :oops: :oops: :oops:[/quote]

Yep, flatland boy me, many years ago drove a Datsun pickup all the way to the Canadian Rockies. It dawned on me that I had to downshift on some grades. Only took my motor almost stalling to figure that out.

So, yes, some lessons, once learned, are not forgotten!
Heller and McDonald are precedents to be followed, not obstacles
to be overcome