Re: Free brass AKA Trash pickin' at the range

When I think about the brass I left behind (especially 357, 45 Colt, 30-06, and 6.5 Swede), I get the blues.
"Eh, just throw it in the trash, I'll never use it". Ha! Now that I reload, I treat that stuff like the gold that it almost is.
I've been known to scrounge around in the trash cans without any shame whatsoever. :no:
Hell is where:
The British are the chefs
The Swiss are the lovers
The French are the mechanics
The Italians make everything run on time
And the Germans are the police

After seeing how beat up that brass is coming out of my M1, I'm kind of wondering just how many loads I'll get out of before I do have buy some....

On a slight aside, one of the ranges here uses tamper-proof receptacles for the brass. I guess they want dibs.
Hell is where:
The Swiss are the lovers

beaurrr wrote:After seeing how beat up that brass is coming out of my M1, I'm kind of wondering just how many loads I'll get out of before I do have buy some....

On a slight aside, one of the ranges here uses tamper-proof receptacles for the brass. I guess they want dibs.
I have picked up some M! carbine brass at my range that is significantly jammed in at the mouth. Why is that happening, do you know?
The universe - is what it is.

hillman wrote:
beaurrr wrote:After seeing how beat up that brass is coming out of my M1, I'm kind of wondering just how many loads I'll get out of before I do have buy some....

I have picked up some M! carbine brass at my range that is significantly jammed in at the mouth. Why is that happening, do you know?
Sorry, I meant the M1 Garand. Many of the rims get a little gouged or bent from the extraction process. This causes difficulty with trimming accurately and squarely because the rim won't seat flush against the collett in my trimmer.
Hell is where:
The Swiss are the lovers