X-treme plated 9mm

I found a box of 115g plated x-treme bullets in the garage so I took the time to load them up with 6.0g of No 5
http://www.xtremebullets.com/9mm-115-RN ... -b0500.htm The site charges $39.95/500. I don't think I paid that much at the reloading store.

No 5 Powder: min 5.3g 1,001fps //max 6.3g 1,148fps 34,200cup 1.100 OAL

No 5 is near the faster end of Accurate products but less than Bullseye. I used a Norinco 213 and Sig P938. Surprisingly, the Norinco did not care for this at all and it has, until now, cycled all sorts of Russian crap, lacquered cases, and soft lead.

The Sig churned through it with a few FTE at the end and I imagine this was due to fouling after several 100 rounds. Impact to sight was interesting and I liked what it did. Straight arm, just glancing over the slide was dead on at 7ish yards. Holding the front/rear sights level it hit consistently about an inch above. Sure beats covering the target with the sight and hope you hit it.

Back to the bullets. No issues tearing the plating while loading. No crazy morphed-out seconds like you might see in bulk boxes. I need to write the price on stuff so I can factor cost for future buying. They must have been fairly cheap or I wouldn't have gotten them.

Puffing up is no substitute for smarts but it's a common home remedy

Re: X-treme plated 9mm

Agreed Viking. I shot a few thousand of the 115gr versions before switching to the 147's. I did a write up on the different plated brands a couple of years ago, the xtreme's are just fine, and you can push them pretty hot with no issues.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou