Re: Brass Shining Made Easy!

Yep. Citric acid more or less, so not surprised at the results. Should work as well as the powdered stuff, with the added benefit of being able to use them for margarita ice cubes! :laugh:
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

All the years ive used citric acid for this, and never thought of lemon juice lol. Learned something. Nice.. Though Im thinking citric acid and water might be more cost effective, especially as the same solution it can be used for years with an occassional tableapoon of citric acid added.
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

i was sitting here reading this, sipping on my mountain dew, and i thought, "hey, mt dew has citric acid!".
experiment time! so out to the shop i go.
i set up the experimental apparatus...
ice cube tray, 2 pieces of .303 brass, golden-green elixer of life...
LUGO0677.JPG
and i let an hour elapse...
LUGO0679.JPG
and it seems to work.
i left the other one in the dew. tomorrow we'll see if it dissolves completely. then maybe we'll try coca-cola or orange juice.
the sacrifices i make for science. :albert:
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

lurker wrote:i was sitting here reading this, sipping on my mountain dew, and i thought, "hey, mt dew has citric acid!".
experiment time! so out to the shop i go.
i set up the experimental apparatus...
ice cube tray, 2 pieces of .303 brass, golden-green elixer of life...
LUGO0677.JPG
and i let an hour elapse...
LUGO0679.JPG
and it seems to work.
i left the other one in the dew. tomorrow we'll see if it dissolves completely. then maybe we'll try coca-cola or orange juice.
the sacrifices i make for science. :albert:
But what about the sticky residue and worse, the cavities? Oh, and wont the caffine make it hard to reload?
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

Simmer down wrote:I admit I like to use brightly polished brass for 45-70. It enhances the badassiness.
If it would only reduce recoil. I have to take mine out again so I remember why I built it (MOA of gnarl). Maybe I'll shine up a few rounds to see what happens. :-)

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack