Re: my reloading bench

pokute wrote:I am normally a very organized person. Stop laughing. But my reloading bench is just half a sheet of plywood screwed down to two sawhorses. There are mud dauber nests in the sawhorses. A skunk lives under the storage extension to the garage right behind the bench. Termites have been sawing away at the garage roof directly over the bench - Makes good case filler for light loads. Everything except the Summit press, a powder measure, and a Lyman lubrisizer is in the airless, lightless storage extension, right on top of the skunk. My case trimmer got rusted somehow in there. My two lead pots are also under the termites, and the stuff that trickles down makes great flux. After I pop primers, I step outside, take my shoes off and dump out the primers, and then close the garage door and watch Shameless.
Pretty cool and funny post. Makes me think of my reloading shack which began its life in 1927 as a garage for a Model T sized car. Now you know why I have just one single stage press. There's just about enough room for it and my beer in that little closet--don't forget I'm married and require storage space for the flotsam and jetsam of long-married life. No skunks, but some rats leave little presents on my bench from time to time. I've threatened to stop feeding the cats so they will catch my shack rats, but my wife suggests that if I do that I should also make a place for a bed out there. So, there's that. And I live in a city, so no shooting the rats with my Vaquero Rooster Cogburn style--I don't mind holes in the walls, as they already leak so provide summer ventillation, but the roof does not leak. I've have to shoot 'em so as to miss the roof. Bullets going through the walls likely would anger neighbors, so there's that, too. Maybe I'll make a little electrified trap, taking care not to burn down the shack because when I run out of bullets I go out there and make more. I have a bench brush for removing rat gifts yet nothing for removing rats. Moar research.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

CDFingers wrote:
pokute wrote:I am normally a very organized person. Stop laughing. But my reloading bench is just half a sheet of plywood screwed down to two sawhorses. There are mud dauber nests in the sawhorses. A skunk lives under the storage extension to the garage right behind the bench. Termites have been sawing away at the garage roof directly over the bench - Makes good case filler for light loads. Everything except the Summit press, a powder measure, and a Lyman lubrisizer is in the airless, lightless storage extension, right on top of the skunk. My case trimmer got rusted somehow in there. My two lead pots are also under the termites, and the stuff that trickles down makes great flux. After I pop primers, I step outside, take my shoes off and dump out the primers, and then close the garage door and watch Shameless.
Pretty cool and funny post. Makes me think of my reloading shack which began its life in 1927 as a garage for a Model T sized car. Now you know why I have just one single stage press. There's just about enough room for it and my beer in that little closet--don't forget I'm married and require storage space for the flotsam and jetsam of long-married life. No skunks, but some rats leave little presents on my bench from time to time. I've threatened to stop feeding the cats so they will catch my shack rats, but my wife suggests that if I do that I should also make a place for a bed out there. So, there's that. And I live in a city, so no shooting the rats with my Vaquero Rooster Cogburn style--I don't mind holes in the walls, as they already leak so provide summer ventillation, but the roof does not leak. I've have to shoot 'em so as to miss the roof. Bullets going through the walls likely would anger neighbors, so there's that, too. Maybe I'll make a little electrified trap, taking care not to burn down the shack because when I run out of bullets I go out there and make more. I have a bench brush for removing rat gifts yet nothing for removing rats. Moar research.

CDFingers
How about a Crossman Pellet gun. One of the hand pump types. Or a 22 shooting the subsonic carnival shot.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

The rats live in the bamboo that overhangs my workbench out in the yard. Funny how much rat poops look like roll pins and such. Someday I'll get a big magnet and find all the gun parts that fly into the bamboo. There's a part in there somewhere that must be important in my Haenel/Schmeisser 25... Without it, the trigger return spring wedges hard behind the dooflicky, and the trigger won't go. The part looks sorta like a rat poop with a little bobble on the end.

pokute wrote:The rats live in the bamboo that overhangs my workbench out in the yard. Funny how much rat poops look like roll pins and such. Someday I'll get a big magnet and find all the gun parts that fly into the bamboo. There's a part in there somewhere that must be important in my Haenel/Schmeisser 25... Without it, the trigger return spring wedges hard behind the dooflicky, and the trigger won't go. The part looks sorta like a rat poop with a little bobble on the end.
Oh I hope your kidding. Lol

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

dandad wrote:
pokute wrote:The rats live in the bamboo that overhangs my workbench out in the yard. Funny how much rat poops look like roll pins and such. Someday I'll get a big magnet and find all the gun parts that fly into the bamboo. There's a part in there somewhere that must be important in my Haenel/Schmeisser 25... Without it, the trigger return spring wedges hard behind the dooflicky, and the trigger won't go. The part looks sorta like a rat poop with a little bobble on the end.
Oh I hope your kidding. Lol
HOW could I have made THAT up?! No drugs are THAT good...