2400 BOOM YEAH!!!

A couple of hours into my last range trip, I started screwing around with taking some movies of my Model 19 in action. (Double action)

The first photo is a fairly heavy load of Power Pistol. I only got one good image from three rounds due to shutter timing. The others are hefty loads of 2400. While Power Pistol is considered fairly flashy, it can't hold a candle to 2400. Pun intended.

IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Re: 2400 BOOM YEAH!!!

Great photos. I love to see the blast. It's one of three reasons I shoot.
1. The power of the Explosion in your hand controlled to that single spot on the paper down range.
2. The noise. The different sounds from the different type of firearms could be likened to bird calls for other folks.
3. The Flash. Visually stunning, further evidence that you just did that.
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.

FlyGuy wrote:Great photos. I love to see the blast. It's one of three reasons I shoot.
1. The power of the Explosion in your hand controlled to that single spot on the paper down range.
2. The noise. The different sounds from the different type of firearms could be likened to bird calls for other folks.
3. The Flash. Visually stunning, further evidence that you just did that.
Yep. I like archery, too, but I don't find it a perfect substitute due to the difference in recoil and fireworks.

Stiff wrote:Yeah, better than shaving your armhair off.
Surprisingly, even my knuckles still have their full complement of hair. You don't want to wrap your other hand around the front of the trigger guard on a revolver, though.

Marlene wrote: These pics are great!
Nothing special in the equipment or the skills. Just lucky frames picked out of selfie movies from my iPhone 5S. It took me a long time to find the "export frame to Pictures" function in the Photos app on my Mac. After that, this was trivial.

Some shots don't show the full shape of the flash (has a sharp line beyond which neither the flame nor the glow on the ceiling is seen) due to timing, so I didn't save those. Below are two from the outdoor range a couple of weeks earlier, same load I think. In the second, I believe that may actually be the shape of the flame front, not a shutter artifact, although I may be wrong.

That isn't a bad idea, I may take my cycling helmet (I have a helmet cam on it) with me to the range soon. Sure, it will look goofy; but that's something I don't worry about as much any more.
"Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” Matt. 25:40

Hasaf wrote:That isn't a bad idea, I may take my cycling helmet (I have a helmet cam on it) with me to the range soon. Sure, it will look goofy; but that's something I don't worry about as much any more.
Tell them it's a .460 S&W Magnum, and you're worried that it will hit you in the head under recoil.