Re: I just took the plunge! Bought a reloading press.

_"Do NOT just jump it by 10%, as titegroup in particular can get very spiky with hotter loads- that's how you get a kaboom."
Uhhh, yea, I wasn't thinkin straight, that would go way beyond the work up to Never exceed loads in 5 increments rule from the modern reloading bible!

_"If this one runs fine, I’d make a bunch and a bunch with .2 grain more powder, and compare them. If a little more powder groups better (not unusual), try a little more (0.2 grain increments are about perfect) and compare. If your groups open up with a higher charge (not unusual either) then go back to the lighter charge; you have found your recipe. Go ahead and make tons of em."
Thanks Marlene, that helps me understand what I am working towards.

My OALs have been 1.1655 and 1.169. I don't know why they are so inconsistent, is that normal?

Re: I just took the plunge! Bought a reloading press.

That is unusual, unless there's meaningful variation in your bullet nose shapes. The seater die pushes the bullet not from the tip, but from a circular contact ppoint a bit back from the tip. Look for ring shaped dents on your bullet noses. When seating bullets, move the press handle slowly and push til you reach the full mechanical stop of movement every time. See if that makes them more even.

Also wanted to note that if you get equal or nearly equal accuracy from a couple different loads, you get to decide whether you want the hotter one or the milder one. I like mild loads because everything (including my concentration while shooting) lasts longer that way. Some here might remember that I am unbothered by heavy recoil. Even so, light loads are nice.