It's like a disease

I think I need help...

I have an adequate powder scale, but I just bought a Dillon on eBay for $47. Why did I do that? Because it's a better scale and a great price.

On the other hand, I have a powder scale for sale now... I'll get a pic or two and put it in the trading post later.
-+-+-+-+
"Nothing exists except atoms and empty space. Everything else is just opinion." -Democritus 
-+-+-+-+-
Come check out my custom 1911 grips and other wooden items at my Etsy store.

Re: It's like a disease

Hee Hee I love it like the old saying the more the merrier. For people just starting in any endeavor worth while aint nothing better than video tutorials, this is a site with some interesting stuff on it. http://www.ammosmith.com/ There is even a video or two on taper crimping. Important stuff for anybody loading ammo for autos. By the way I found this link from The Liberal With a Gun, some guy from Frisco who posts on castboolits.com.
"Hillary Clinton is the finest, bravest, kindest, the most wonderful person I've ever known in my whole life" Raymond Shaw

It is like an addiction disease. First come guns, then range time, then a reloader, then cast bullets, then casting and smelting equipment, then scrounging tire shops for lead, and next thing you know you're buying beeswax to make your own lube and you have more lead ingots in your garage than you could use in three lifetimes.

Oldskool wrote:It is like an addiction disease. First come guns, then range time, then a reloader, then cast bullets, then casting and smelting equipment, then scrounging tire shops for lead, and next thing you know you're buying beeswax to make your own lube and you have more lead ingots in your garage than you could use in three lifetimes.
My wife figures its better than me philandering for a hobby. I've cast about 800 bullets for the 357 and although it hasn't put much of a dent in the pile it has caused a couple of mild anxiety attacks over where to get more. I love it when I find a wheel weight on the road because I figure hmm three slugs here.
"Hillary Clinton is the finest, bravest, kindest, the most wonderful person I've ever known in my whole life" Raymond Shaw

Oldskool wrote:It is like an addiction disease. First come guns, then range time, then a reloader, then cast bullets, then casting and smelting equipment, then scrounging tire shops for lead, and next thing you know you're buying beeswax to make your own lube and you have more lead ingots in your garage than you could use in three lifetimes.
I was joking with the guy at the reloading store yesterday that I imagine our son doing an estate sale one day and dumping my entire set up for $20.

Puffing up is no substitute for smarts but it's a common home remedy

eelj wrote:My wife figures its better than me philandering for a hobby. I've cast about 800 bullets for the 357 and although it hasn't put much of a dent in the pile it has caused a couple of mild anxiety attacks over where to get more. I love it when I find a wheel weight on the road because I figure hmm three slugs here.
Hunting wheel weights is fun. Well, it was fun seeing the buckets pile up in the garage before I hit the jackpot at a scrap yard. Small tire shops off the beaten path were usually the best bets as opposed to the big tidy stores.
Last edited by Oldskool on Thu May 26, 2011 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eelj wrote:
My wife figures its better than me philandering for a hobby. I've cast about 800 bullets for the 357 and although it hasn't put much of a dent in the pile it has caused a couple of mild anxiety attacks over where to get more. I love it when I find a wheel weight on the road because I figure hmm three slugs here.
If you haven't already, check with a truckstop or truck tire dealer. Those weights are huge.
*DISCLAIMER* This post may have been made from a barstool.