Re: 1911 holster !

irishman wrote:Just finished my first 1911 holster will feature LGC initials... will post pictures of it soon...This inside the waistband model rides mid waist and feature a mouth reinforcement band to facilitate re-holstering your weapon..
Good luck with it Irish, sounds like a summer special type holster.
"Hillary Clinton is the finest, bravest, kindest, the most wonderful person I've ever known in my whole life" Raymond Shaw

I'm looking foward to seeing what these look like.

I don't have a permit to carry concealed, so I might not be a candidate, but I'm curious. Do many people carry pistols as large as 1911s in this way, inside the waistband? And do they carry them cocked and locked????? :shock:
"To initiate a war of aggression...is the supreme international crime" - Nuremberg prosecutor Robert Jackson, 1946

larrymod wrote:I'm looking foward to seeing what these look like.

I don't have a permit to carry concealed, so I might not be a candidate, but I'm curious. Do many people carry pistols as large as 1911s in this way, inside the waistband? And do they carry them cocked and locked????? :shock:
If I remember right Milt Sparks designed the Summer Special years ago for an undercover narc who used it too carry a 1911 concealed, if I carried a 1911 for personal defense I would carry it cocked and locked as it was originally designed to carried.
"Hillary Clinton is the finest, bravest, kindest, the most wonderful person I've ever known in my whole life" Raymond Shaw

Cool, from everything I hear, my pf9 is compatible with 1911 holsters, particularly with those for the officers model.
Every one you've ever met or will ever meet, knows something you don't. -Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Anti-Gravity Activist

Black Lives Matter

I need a custom made holster for my 4.5" Springfield XDm. I have a great holster for normal belts, but I need a Duty Belt holster for yearly firearms certification. The big duty holster makers make them for the XD in 4 or 5 inch, not for the 4.5" XDm.

It also needs a thumb break. It would be awesome if you could possibly do that.

I searched high and low for a forward canted, left-handed leather or leather & kydex M1935 holster with a strong & thick thumb break.

My Falco holster meeting the above criteria finally arrived from Hungary yesterday. Hopefully you can do something better, someday!
The Drop Bear, Thylarctos plummetus, is a large, arboreal, predatory marsupial related to the Koala.

Cabrito wrote:The beauty of not carrying all the time means I can use one of these:

That's is very beautiful !! i like it! :thumbup:

Last edited by murky on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

murky wrote:
Cabrito wrote:The beauty of not carrying all the time means I can use one of these:

That's is very beautiful !! i like it! :thumbup:
Agreed, but it ONLY for the range.
"There never was a union of church and state which did not bring serious evils to religion."
The Right Reverend John England, first Roman Catholic Bishop of Charleston SC, 1825.