Well I pulled the trigger on my first AR

Decided to go ahead and go for it! Went with the Sota Arms 7.62x39 Free floating upper and the Frontier lower- The lower is about 30 days out, and we'll see on the upper- Sota gets good reviews on the components, but has not done so well on fulfillment times:

http://sotaarms.com/component/jshopping ... 7?Itemid=0

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/New_Fro ... w15blk.htm

Figured with 184 reviews and 4.5 out of 5 stars, I really couldn't go wrong with this configuration. Now it's time to get a few magazines and look at some optics!
:yahoo:
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Re: Well I pulled the trigger on my first AR

M4Builder wrote:Congratulations! Let me know how that poly lower works for you. I'm interested to see if it will stand up to something with a bit more bite than a .223.

Will do- Also am on the list for the LGC lower, so I figure if I have any serious problems I can always swap it out.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

shinzen wrote:Ok. Now I feel like I'm in California or something. Apparently Midway won't ship 30 round magazines to Denver?? WTF?? My LGS has them in stock for .223 with no issues......
At one point, I was going to move up there to Denver. I checked out the gun laws from several sources (though I cannot cite them for they are long gone out of my memory) and the sources stated you couldn't have bigger than a 20 round mag in Denver. They may be wrong but that may also be why Midway won't ship them there.
All problems can be solved with a copious amount of high explosives.

gendoikari wrote:
shinzen wrote:
gendoikari wrote:Congrats but, why oh why would you get one now?
Was back in November before the recent price increases. I did NOT pay the current psycho premiums.
Ah gotcha, didn't see someone had necro'd the thread. Bet your glad you got it when you did.
Yes, yes I am. Also put a sub2k on order back then that I will sell once it comes in- pay for my reloading setup and the rest of my new build.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
- Maya Angelou