Re: Putting a 2 inch barrel on a S&W Model 10-10?

senorgrand wrote:Or, you can do what gun owners everywhere always advise when stuff like this comes up...

BUY ANOTHER GUN!
CDFingers wrote:Two inch barrels are for shooting stuff seven feet away--bayonets are cheaper. Don't waste a good receiver.
These.
"There never was a union of church and state which did not bring serious evils to religion."
The Right Reverend John England, first Roman Catholic Bishop of Charleston SC, 1825.

Jinust wrote:I want the two inch barrel for concealment, since I could be getting a .357 Magnum revolver that would replace this one as my sidearm.
You'd gain a little with less barrel to poke out from under your jacket, but the frame's going to print just the same as it does now. I agree with Simmer - look for a J-frame.
"There never was a union of church and state which did not bring serious evils to religion."
The Right Reverend John England, first Roman Catholic Bishop of Charleston SC, 1825.

I might be getting quite a bit money in soon, and I'll be buying a .357 with a portion of it (if it comes in). I don't really like spending a lot of money on guns, as it tends to make me feel like I should treat the gun as if it's made of glass. Not sure what's the best thing the local gun stores will have for the money, but I'm looking for something that's a quality brand in a four inch model. Exposed hammer as well. So I might have no choice but to spend the $800.