Re: Mosin Nagant crate as gun cabinet

M4Builder wrote:Please don't hurt it too much.
I was actually going to sand down the green paint but that would take the arsenal markings and I can't have that.
shinzen wrote:That's pretty cool actually. A little reinforcing and good to go! I like it
I might need another tube of wood filler. Or 3. But there's no flex so the wood even cracked is still strong. Also it sits on an angle and I need some wedge shaped board underneath to put it at more ease.
don1960lp wrote:Very cool. Lets hear about that fiddle in the background....
That's my other Bich. I had ordered a pair of EMG's when they came out in other colors but they also included the unwelcome change of a "solderless" system which includes new pots and a big wiring harness that doesn't fit in any guitar ever. It's been sitting only half functional til I can get some leftover original EMG hardware since I misplaced all mine.

Re: Mosin Nagant crate as gun cabinet

Well, I finished this almost a week ago but just got around to taking pictures. It's a hit with my friends for sure. Some minor differences from the box in Call of Duty Zombies. I kept the green lacquer, no point in sanding the entire thing down which would remove the arsenal marks which are more important than the color for the project. I propped it up on cinder blocks high enough to slide my spare desktop pc and all my ammo cans under which opened up an entire shelf for other storage. I plan to add a latch soon so it can be locked.

Attachments
20140514_192615.jpg