Re: Clip -vs- Magazine nomenclature

fknauss wrote:Is it worth getting pedantic over the difference between "bullet" and "cartridge" or "round"?
A newb-ish friend of mine thought he was getting a great deal on 100 9mm bullets for $30. It was a better deal for me when he realized the difference between "bullets" and "cartridges" and gave me the box in disgust. :thumbup:

swissdog wrote:
fknauss wrote:Is it worth getting pedantic over the difference between "bullet" and "cartridge" or "round"?
A newb-ish friend of mine thought he was getting a great deal on 100 9mm bullets for $30. It was a better deal for me when he realized the difference between "bullets" and "cartridges" and gave me the box in disgust. :thumbup:
I've done that. 500 bullets for $50. Real good deal. I don't reload.

begemot wrote:
swissdog wrote:
I've done that. 500 bullets for $50. Real good deal. I don't reload.
Happy to take it off your hands! :D

MudPuppy98 wrote:Sturmgewehr-44 was the first one that hit on all the points: intermediate cartridge, select-fire, magazine-fed.
The M2/3 Carbines could be considered assault rifles as well.

The Garand is awesome, but it's really a battle rifle.
Not to mention the Browning Automatic Rifle, more commonly known as the BAR... of WWII vintage...
Although I don't know if it had a "Magazine" or was belt fed...
The more you Learn the Less you Know..
USN, Ret. '63-'85
Sig P226 MK25, Browning A Bolt II .223 Remington
St. Louis, MO/Webster Groves
http://theliberalgunclubinc.memberlodge.org

OpherGopher wrote: Not to mention the Browning Automatic Rifle, more commonly known as the BAR... of WWII vintage...
Although I don't know if it had a "Magazine" or was belt fed...
magazine. i've got a 20-rounder stashed somewhere, though no rifle for it. there are 30s too, but i don't know if they were issued.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

So, I did a quick search for "beretta" today, just to see what's out there, and this little gem popped up on the "eHow" site.... Bold stuff is my emphasis....

"Instructions
1. Lay out a mat over your workspace. You will place all of the pieces of your pistol onto the mat throughout your disassembly process. This ensures that you can keep track of every piece you pull off of the weapon. A handkerchief or paper towel both work well for this.
2. Aim the pistol away from everyone. Press the magazine release and slide your clip out of the grip of your pistol. At no time during your disassembly should you point your pistol towards anyone, including yourself. The risk of wounding yourself or another is too great and there is no certainty that you did not miss a loaded bullet.
3. Look down the side of your pistol as you pull the slide back. Check the chamber to ensure that you do not have a bullet loaded. If you do, turn your gun sideways to drop the bullet out of the chamber and place the bullet on your mat.
4. Press the disassembly latch and turn the disassembly lever to the open position. The disassembly latch is a small circular button on the right side of your pistol. The lever is on the left side, directly opposite the latch. Once open, the barrel loosens noticeably.
5. Slide your pistol apart. Place your pistol frame on the mat and remove the recoil spring and rod. Do not force separation. Place your recoil spring and rod on your mat.
6. Depress the barrel lock button and remove the barrel from the slide. Place the barrel and slide on the mat. With your pistol disassembled, you can clean and oil every piece. Keep every piece that you are not directly working with on your mat to avoid misplacing or losing vital pieces of your pistol’s mechanism.

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_7447765_disasse ... istol.html"
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.