What's on your firearm wishlist for '14?

Need more firearms threads: I'll start.

What is next up on your list for the New Year? Why?

In no Particular Order
  • FN 5.7mm pistol - To match my PS90
  • CZ-75 - One of the many flavors
  • M44 - Soon my precious
  • Tavor - Israeli Bullpup goodness, but need more $$$
  • Lever Action - must have side load gate and optic ready .30-30, or .357
  • Swiss K-31 or WWII era Lee Enfield perhaps both
  • M1 Carbine
  • 10/22 takedown - For upcoming zombie apocalypse
  • AR10 - Because Maryland forgot to ban them last year, word is they are on the list this year FU O'Malley
  • .300 Blackout AR upper, pistol or rifle configuration, may build it myself and try not to blow myself up in the process
  • A Bigger rifle safe
  • More gun insurance coverage
There it is a one year list that will probably take three years to fulfill...
some days, I just don't English

Re: What's on your firearm wishlist for '14?

I actually want to spend 2014 REDUCING my number of guns, getting rid of the ones that I don't particularly like or that are redundant; mostly newer guns that I bought on a whim. Apart from a couple of reliable modern SD guns, almost everything 'modern' will go out the door. By 'modern' I mean anything that is not FFL-3 Curio eligible.

I started by selling a Taurus PT-809 9mm full size semi automatic handgun today. Too big to carry, and 17 rounds seems ridiculous to me for personal defense carry. Boring gun with no real purpose in life.

Next on the chopping block will probably be a home built AR-15 style rifle in 223. No real purpose in life, boring to shoot, and I don't like the type of person that is a fan of the rifle. I like 'Mosin people' much better.

What do I want?
a) an M1
b) an 1891 Argentine with the crest still there.
c) an older 'pretty' 1911.

My wishlist: (aka Jim's Bongwater Dreams)

Dragenov or Romanian PSL
vZ 58
Yugo M76
M1 Garand
M1917 Eddystone
1891 Mosin Nagant
Gewehr 98 Mauser.

What I know I'll get:
More Mosin variants: M38, Finn versions
Cynistoicureanism: The world view best expressed by "I can't trust 'em any farther then I can throw 'em, There's nothing I can do about it anyway, So let's have a drink".

I can only think of a few.

VEPR in .308 Win, which I'd like to outfit with the Ironwood Designs (?) SVD stockset.
Rock Island Armory 2011 Tactical
Some sort of AR build which I will be harassing people to help me with

Outside of that I also want to replace the wife's 12 gauge.
My official title is Doctor Mister Hunter Of Skullyness. Don't ask me, ask Fukshot.

The moral certainty of the crusader is as much a comfort to them as it is a burden to those in the path of their crusade.

I don't want to say I'm content, but I've managed to check off my major must-haves. I won't be actively seeking out anything in particular, but may jump on the chance to buy the following if deals present themselves.

-O/U shotgun for sporting clays. It's been something I've been meaning to get better at
-Mosin 91/30
-Possibly getting into the long-range game with a Remington 700. They seem to be all over the place down here and go way down in price after deer season.
-Ruger 10/22...if/when .22LR ceases being unobtanium.
LGC Texas - Vice President

In no particular order.

M1 Garand- Well this one is in order. Need to get it before the CMP runs dry
22 Rifle
CZ 75 or XD or Target model 1911. Haven't decided which yet
Shotgun for those pesky clays. Something I want to get into but just haven't gotten around to yet.
Something blackpowder. Perhaps a percussion revolver or somesuch.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

I am hemorrhaging money right now with wedding planning so the only gun I get in 2014 will be my wedding gift. I'm hesitant to even look at the local message board's classified ads :smart:

I'm leaning heavily towards a Browning BLR but I'm still kicking around a Browning Xbolt, Winchester 70 Featherweight, Browning Silver, and Browning A5. I didn't think I'd like a new A5 but I looked at one yesterday that fit like a glove. I think $1200 is too much for it though...

The M1 Garand I ordered from CMP like 4 months ago would be a nice start.
I would like to trade off my .45 Henry lever for Winchester or Marlin 30 30 carbine.
Still looking for the right o/u. Shopping for these is not easy. Most shops only have a few, and not particularly good ones, either.
As my income is going off a cliff soon, I'll stop here.
Hell is where:
The British are the chefs
The Swiss are the lovers
The French are the mechanics
The Italians make everything run on time
And the Germans are the police

This year I need to be more financially responsible and not buy guns... Except with any luck I'd like to have a Springfield 1911 and a M1 Garand.

Given how many other people seem to want the Garand, maybe I should order one from CMP before it's too late... Well that resolution lasted all of 6 days. :P
"These are hard times, NOT end times!"
- Jon Stewart, Rally to Restore Sanity

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.