My old guns (with picture)

When I joined the Club a while back, I mentioned that my taste in firearms runs toward pre-1930, particularly very early over-engineered semi-automatic pistols. Someone asked me to post a picture of my collection, so here it is. Left to right: Steyr-Hahn (9mm Steyr), Colt Police Positive (.38 Special), Savage 1907 (.32 ACP), Dreyse 1905 (7.65 Browning), Harrington & Richards Autoloading (.32 ACP), "Broomhandle" Mauser (7.63 Mauser) with reproduction stock, Frommer Stop (7.65 Frommer), FN 1910 (7.65 Browning), Mannlicher 1905 (7.65 Mannlicher), DWM P08 Luger (7.65 Parabellum), Smith & Wesson Military & Police (.38 Special), Smith & Wesson 1917 (.45 ACP). I have ammunition for all of them (though I shoot regular 7.65 Browning -- .32 ACP -- out of the Frommer.) The H&R doesn't fire at all, and just puts an anemic little divot on the primer even though I've replaced the firing pin spring. The Dreyse fires and cycles a fresh round into the chamber, but doesn't recock. The Frommer Stop fires one round and then jams open. Everything else runs like a champ. My carry guns are a Glock 19 and a Ruger LCP, not shown, though I almost never carry either. Not pictured are the rifles and shotguns, all similarly old and weird.

http://www.danbaum.com/Nine_Lives/guns.html
(I still can't seem to get the picture to appear here, so I've included the url.)
Last edited by danbaum on Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Re: My old guns (with picture)

GeorgiaRN wrote:Can I have the C-96 Mauser? I have always want that gun since the first Star Wars came out.
Hopefully it shoots better than the one I had - even after a full rebuild & reblue, I still couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside. His has the stock which I have read is the real key to accuracy but I couldn't afford one and sold it on down the road. Fun to be able so say I owned one and shot one but unlike some firearms I've sold, I really don't miss it.

I'd love to get my hands on that Steyr 1912 or that pretty early M&P.
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.
Alex White