Re: You have 30 days to buy one handgun.

I'm a bit biased toward my CZ 75B mainly because I like the feel and weight of a steel gun. I've shot Sheepishlions P07 and it has a very nice feel and trigger. I think it has the Omega trigger which is a newer design than on mine. The CZs really improve with use, dry fire and live fire improves the smoothness and you can't go wrong with either choice. It probably comes down to if you want a classic type heavier gun or a more modern lighter gun. Under the right conditions both could be carried and concealed. Both would be fine range guns too!

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

hillman wrote:
shinzen wrote:Hmm. Thanks for the input folks. I would like something that could be carried comfortably with an IWB setup. Going to go handle a few today.
Hah. I wonder (idle curiosity of course) if there is an IWB arrangement compatible with a belly+spare tire physique.

:sad:
My 1911 carries IWB at 5:00 quite nicely despite my plus-sized body type.
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.
Alex White

hillman wrote:
shinzen wrote:Hmm. Thanks for the input folks. I would like something that could be carried comfortably with an IWB setup. Going to go handle a few today.
Hah. I wonder (idle curiosity of course) if there is an IWB arrangement compatible with a belly+spare tire physique.

:sad:
As long as your pants have some room in them, and you wear your belt at your actual waistline rather than under your stomach, then IWB works fine if you are heavy. The key issue is that your pants (and belt) need to be a little bigger than you would normally wear.

If your pants are snug and you are on the next to last belt notch, then IWB would probably be uncomfortable. I am overweight but have lost some recently so I have room to carry IWB if I want. Personally I prefer an OWB high-ride pancake since even with IWB I still have to wear my shirt untucked or a jacket to conceal it, so there's no particular gain for me.

I have tried a tuckable IWB but find that I just end up with a wad of shirt material crammed around the gun and little confidence that I'd be able to draw effectively if I needed it.

shinzen wrote:Decision made. CZ 75-01 compact it is. Man that thing feels great in the hand. Picking it up the day before our range trip out of jail!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Congrats! Break it in first before tempting to go for mods. You may find it won't need anything but lots of fun range time! :beer2:

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

I looked at the roster link posted by fknaus and looked at the recently decertified guns that can not be bought sold or made in sunny cal and my advice is move back to Colorado. What they have against all of those revolvers is beyond me.
"Hillary Clinton is the finest, bravest, kindest, the most wonderful person I've ever known in my whole life" Raymond Shaw

fknauss wrote:You will note that there is also a "newly certified" list. It is (and for the foreseeable future) will be almost all revolvers, since they are not subject to the evil microstamping requirement.
I looked at the one list and when I saw the K38 M14 Target Masterpiece I couldn't look anymore, I hope shinzen likes his new CZ.
"Hillary Clinton is the finest, bravest, kindest, the most wonderful person I've ever known in my whole life" Raymond Shaw

eelj wrote:I looked at the roster link posted by fknaus and looked at the recently decertified guns that can not be bought sold or made in sunny cal and my advice is move back to Colorado. What they have against all of those revolvers is beyond me.
It's really pretty absurd isn't it?

They say the CZ trigger really starts to shine after about 1k rounds, so I've got some shooting to do.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

shinzen wrote:
eelj wrote:I looked at the roster link posted by fknaus and looked at the recently decertified guns that can not be bought sold or made in sunny cal and my advice is move back to Colorado. What they have against all of those revolvers is beyond me.
It's really pretty absurd isn't it?

They say the CZ trigger really starts to shine after about 1k rounds, so I've got some shooting to do.
Make a dummy round and spend several days dry firing constantly. It'll do the same thing a whole lot faster and cheaper.
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.
Alex White