Re: Show off your CZs

This is my post WWII Czech 8mm build mounted in a Maple stock finished with pine tar. Leupold. Shoots very nicely.

The pine tar somehow pulled my beard, so I shaved to a goatee. Problem solved.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Simmer down wrote:Someone at the Austin Meeting had a Model 75 or 85 in stainless. A smart looking thing and I wish I had stopped long enough to shoot it.
That was my 75B. I'll see that you get a chance.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

CZ 452 Lux 2.JPG
Here is my CZ452 Euro-style lefty. Oh, how I wish they'd make more of their European-style rifles left-handed. The 452 handles so very well -- an old-fashioned rifle, designed for iron sights. My index finger falls naturally on the bow of the trigger for a perfect let-off.

I have had the pleasure of shooting a CZ75 in 9mm; just about the most ergonomically well-designed handgun I have ever shot.
Religion & Govt. will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together. – James Madison
Attachments
CZ 452 Lux 1.JPG

Simmer down wrote:
sikacz wrote:http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/phpBB3 ... =3&t=26108
Mine are in the previous thread! :love:
On the 75B, is the DA pull outrageously long?
I don't think so. I have short fingers and manage it, but I'm not that versed in all other pistol variants to say. But, the next time we have a meet up you can check for yourself.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote:
Simmer down wrote:
I don't think so. I have short fingers and manage it, but I'm not that versed in all other pistol variants to say. But, the next time we have a meet up you can check for yourself.
I read some nameless reviewer go on about the workout it was.

I may just have a crush on this model due to seeing it at the Austin meeting and the halo effect. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_effect
I won't know for sure until I can take one for a spin.

Puffing up is no substitute for smarts but it's a common home remedy

This is by far my favorite. It started out as a Israeli .22 training made by CZ. It represents a collaborative effort between my friend Fred Bowen and myself. At the time Fred was an amateur engraver. I gave him the stamped trigger guard and trigger plate to see if he could improve its looks with some engraving.

Not only did Fred engrave it, he created a whole new (apparently milled) trigger plate and guard. The only tools Fred has besides those he uses to engrave are files, a hand electric drill and a hacksaw. With those he made this from "scrap steel" around his shop.

The following year I did an article for Gun Digest on a Fraser single shot rifle that Fred, Dave Norin and Bill Schultz combined to do for me. As a result Fred and Dave now work together on custom rifles, while Bill, who was retired, and still is, continues to do wonderful work for me.

Nice engraving work on the CZ .22.

Below we find a VZ24 Mauser. The blade on the bayonet goes up. Nasty.

The wood has a purplish tint to it.

The design included side swivels, presumably for horseback, motorcycle use, or cool factor six.

The bolt does not match. All the parts are CZ marked, however. Nice trigger.

It's quite heavy, and the stock is very robust. Even with Turkish surplus, the 8mm recoil is comparatively tame.

The hand guard clips to the barrel via a spring inside. Nice Mauser, the smoothest action of all the ones I have.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

JoelB wrote:This is by far my favorite. It started out as a Israeli .22 training made by CZ. It represents a collaborative effort between my friend Fred Bowen and myself. At the time Fred was an amateur engraver. I gave him the stamped trigger guard and trigger plate to see if he could improve its looks with some engraving.

Not only did Fred engrave it, he created a whole new (apparently milled) trigger plate and guard. The only tools Fred has besides those he uses to engrave are files, a hand electric drill and a hacksaw. With those he made this from "scrap steel" around his shop.

The following year I did an article for Gun Digest on a Fraser single shot rifle that Fred, Dave Norin and Bill Schultz combined to do for me. As a result Fred and Dave now work together on custom rifles, while Bill, who was retired, and still is, continues to do wonderful work for me.
That is a gorgeous rifle. Thanks for posting it.
Religion & Govt. will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together. – James Madison

Simmer down wrote:
sikacz wrote:
Simmer down wrote:
I read some nameless reviewer go on about the workout it was.

I may just have a crush on this model due to seeing it at the Austin meeting and the halo effect. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_effect
I won't know for sure until I can take one for a spin.
That nameless reviewer has never fired a double action revolver.