Anyone make their own target?

I'm thinking about getting back into archery. Maybe not for hunting, but just for fun, shooting at targets. Has anyone made their own targets?

I've got a ~15 year-old compound. It's not the fastest, but it still is probably in the 280 fps range, from what I remember when I chronographed it long ago.

What would you try for a target for field points? Fiberglass insulation wrapped tight in something? Burlap? Maybe a bunch of old cotton t-shirts and towels wrapped up tight in something?

Re: Anyone make their own target?

I looked into lots of options for a DIY archery target and concluded that it was worth the $60 to buy one from Bass Pro. It is not well taken care, of spending most of the last three years exposed to the elements in my back yard but still stops arrows from my 20 yr old Bear compound with no problems.
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

Re: Anyone make their own target?

I use a burlap coffee sack stuffed with recycled shrink wrap. When the burlap wears out, I just get a new bag and take the whole shebang down to the feed store, where they have a hand machine they use to sew the new bag shut. I just slip the new bag around the old shredded one.

I'm needin' a new bag soon.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack