Another motley crew of arrows

As I bust nocks, shred feathers, and leave points stuck in the jug, I put the arrows in a pile until there are enough of them to sit and repair. It's just as easy to repair a dozen as it is to repair one, once you get all the stuff out.

So the number and types of arrows available to shoot at any one time change from day to day.

Here, you can see a motley crew of different arrows. The one near the top with the actual feathers rather than vanes--note it has lost its nock to the arrow directly above. You can see it's at a slightly different angle. So that arrow with the feathers goes into the pile of injured arrows. I liked that one, too. Maybe I'll just whip a nock on it. When I get out the arrow tool box, open the inner sleeve and get out the glue that's in a box under the bags of colored vanes. So you see my problem. ;-)

The one at the bottom, though low, is technically a hit...

Shooting arrows in my back yard is like playing Calvinball...

http://calvinandhobbes.wikia.com/wiki/Calvinball

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Re: Another motley crew of arrows

Got new neighbors about two years who called the police while my son & I were out shooting our recurves in the back yard. Got a visit from a LEO who was nice about the whole thing and pointed out there was an ordinance against discharging firearms (bows are considered firearms) in the village. So we put the bows away. We've been doing it for years with all our kids & use our shed as a backstop. Open field behind the shed in case there was a 'flyer' Never had any issues. Probably a good thing we didn't have our compounds out, that might have made things a bit more of an issue.
"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.”
― Frank Zappa