New glove

After you have your equipment, it's tough to spend hella bux on archery. So I bought myself a new glove. I've been shooting my old one since the Bush administration, so, with another Republican in the White House, I figured it was time for a new one. Now, I'm not going to throw my old one away, as it's nice and broken in. You can see the sweat stains and you can see the worn fingers. Check the new one--I shot 18 with it today. It will take several hundred more to break it in nicely. I'd read where it's good to have a spare because reasons.

It's the same brand and size as the other, but it needs to be used quite a bit before it shoots as well as the old one. I'll hang the old one on my car stick shift so's I can keep an eye on it while I break in the new one.
2gloves.jpg

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Re: New glove

Yes, definitely keep the old glove. It has the look of an old friend.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Cabela's brand on both. The old one I got at a local shop, Deer Creek Archery. $15 then. The new one I got a Sportsman's Warehouse on a whim. $15. So there you have it.

CDFingers

HuckleberryFun wrote:Forgive me for weighing in on a subject I know little about, having last shot a bow in high school, but I'm amazed that a glove lasts for 10+ years of use. Is this typical?
Yeah. Hand oils keeps it from drying out, and the only strong abrasion is at the string. You can see it's losing some of its color there. The tabs I use to pull the leather down over my fingers, that's wearing most, as sometimes I'll use my teeth or my hands are sweaty. If it were abrading against metal or something, or if it was allowed to dry out, it might deteriorate.

Like I said, once you get your equipment, it's tough to spend hella bux. I have my little repair kit, so sometimes I buy new vanes and glue, but those are cheap. I have one quiver, and it is lasting fine. I'm pretty sure archery is much less expensive than firearms over the long run. If you buy an expensive bow and expensive other equipment, and compare it to a $200 milsurp and cheap ammo, over one year guns are cheaper. But I can look back decades, and I've dumped more money into guns. Granted, I didn't stop at one milsurp. Nor did I stop at one bow or one kind of arrows. Still, YMMV. Both are fun.

CDFingers