Re: New arrows

Yeah, I think 2018 is the last time I bought arrows. I don't often buy new arrows, as I've been shooting so long that I have quite the nice boneyard of arrows that have suffered some kind of repairable injury. I must have 40 or 50 out there. My last Robin Hood brought me down to eight arrows in my quiver--I only have to walk 27 yards to get them, so it's not that bad. But eight. Pshaw. So again I went digging. I glued on two new nocks that got nicked, and I started the process to re fletch another shaft. Have one vane on there drying, and all three will be on shortly. So, 11. Neat. Kind of like reloading.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Three were pretty ragged, so today I refletched them. They're the same length on uneven ground. Pregnant irises there.
newfletch2.JPG
"Like new" arrows.

CDFingers

I've also got a large bucket filled with dinged arrow shafts. Unfortunately, most of those are cracked from hits in a place where they can't be safe repaired. But I can't seem to bring myself to just throw them away.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

RParker wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:35 am I've also got a large bucket filled with dinged arrow shafts. Unfortunately, most of those are cracked from hits in a place where they can't be safe repaired. But I can't seem to bring myself to just throw them away.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
With carbon, I harvest the fletches if I can and the nocks and tips, then throw away the shaft. It's not worth driving one through my hand. Aluminum ones, though, dang. I've got still nine or ten working ones with dings and splits and nicks in them. They still shoot fine, but I do carbon now for consistency. Good to have some aluminum ones around just for kicks and giggles.

Did a good shoot yesterday in 103 heat, which drove gallons of sweat out of my archery muscles. Enjoyable drink of water afterward.

CDFingers

Finished repairing two more, so I shot them today. Pa tump. Just say it. That's how long it takes to go 27 yards. About as loudly as you said it, too.

CDFingers