Re: LGC in Las Vegas 23-24 October 2015

We are flying in from California. Bringing two Cal. compliant ARs (one SIG, one custom Devil Dog Arms in a pretty color), a couple of nines, maybe a Mark III. Only staying in the hotel Friday night - inlaws live about 15 minutes from the meeting and I don't want to leave our 6 yo with them too long. I'll post a general question below but - what do people do with their guns in the hotel when not at the range???

Frogger wrote:Hello! I will be able to come down for the day on Saturday! :D I registered and am a paid member but was wondering if it would be OK for my wife to come? Should she register as well?
To the best of my knowledge, you will be the only RM member to be in attendance! Bring your wife, just make sure you take notes! :ras:
"Never trust a big butt & a smile." -A.I.M. Scientist Supreme

Anyone driving down from Seattle or Portland or thereabouts? Or thinking of making a last minute decision to go? Now that I have something interesting to bring, I'm tempted to open negotiations with the spousal critter for authorization to flee the state from Thursday to Monday.

No way I'm driving all that way alone, though! But I have a seemingly reliable Taurus wagon that gets an unimpressive 19 MPG on the highway to offer as a steed.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Okay, so check it out. I just received confirmation that I will be for sure going to Vegas for a trade show that weekend. However, I really only need a day at the trade show and will likely have most or all of Sunday free. I may be able to get away on Saturday for a while but it's not guaranteed.

Given that I'll really only be available for Sunday's festivities, what kind of guns should I bring? This also informs my choice as to whether or not I'll fly or drive.

(.22 TCM - 9x19 - .357 Mag - 10mm - .45 ACP - .44 Mag - 7.62x39 - .308 Winchester - 7.62x54R - 12ga)

I do need to make my travel arrangements soon. If Sunday is all trap/skeet I'll just pack a couple shotguns in checked luggage. If there's going to be more hilarity I may elect to drive and instead pack some handguns and maybe a few rifles in the car as well.

(.22 TCM - 9x19 - .357 Mag - 10mm - .45 ACP - .44 Mag - 7.62x39 - .308 Winchester - 7.62x54R - 12ga)