Re: Armssport .50 Cal Flintlock

GuitarsandGuns wrote:It needs to be above the mantle on my fireplace. Other than that defect, it sure looks sweet.
Hah, he has a couple of decent caplocks that intrigued me, but I already have 2 hawken clones.

If anyone wants one of them, I will find the links/pictures and post them. I can go get them for you and mail them to you :)

Inquisitor wrote:Turns out there was no pitting in the barrel. Something had dripped into it and oxidized. All surface.

Reamed it out with a brass scrubber and some gunk cleaner and its got some decent rifling.

Miserable out today but hopefully next weekend will be tolerable for the outdoor range.
I take it you have located a source for Goex or Swiss black powder?
"Hillary Clinton is the finest, bravest, kindest, the most wonderful person I've ever known in my whole life" Raymond Shaw

Inquisitor wrote:Oh yes. Over the summer. Finally got that Hawken humming.
Not sure how much experience with flinters you have but don't fill the pan over the vent, it delays the ignition. Have a few extra flints on hand, when you get around to buying more I like the English flints from Track of The Wolf.
"Hillary Clinton is the finest, bravest, kindest, the most wonderful person I've ever known in my whole life" Raymond Shaw