Any interest in steel Colt Navy reproductions?

Once I get my training company business license set up, I may be a distributor for some 'antique' pistols and rifles from a newer foundry. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in some Yankee smoke wagons made like the Industrial North was able to while the South had to make due with brass frames.

More info to follow if there is interest.

As far as price goes, I'd be able to keep them right around $300-$350 or so.
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

Re: Any interest in steel Colt Navy reproductions?

Inquisitor wrote:Also more details on the foundry :)
I'm waiting on this too. I stumbled acros this due to an ad for some VERY low cost CVA .50 flintlock Pennsylvania Commemeratives that my contact to the foundry was asked to 'get rid of'. Pics when mine shows up, they have a few and I MIGHT be able to get a couple others. Hint hint. ;)
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

wlewisiii wrote:Any with shorter barrels? If not, cool, but I never could get into the longer ones even if they are more practical, especially with holy black.
I'll have access to their whole catalog and as soon as MO comes back with my paperwork I'll have more info from the foundry.

If they don't have the Pocket Remingtons or something close to them I would be surprised.

Ok, got my MO Tax License info to them and my dealer's book showed up today.

These most likely are EARLY ASM reproductions. I will know more once I get some stock in.

The company is Deer Creek Products out of Waldron, IN. Two 'younger' guys bought it from the elderly couple that have ran it for decades. If anyone has seen the 'good stuff from Indiana', it came from them. In theory they still have a LOT of ASM parts as well.

I did ask if they had any digital pics of the pistols that I'm interested in carrying (the do have a 3rd model Dragoon in .44, ~$310 + s/h) and they are working on an updated catalog.
Last edited by ErikO on Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ErikO wrote:
wlewisiii wrote:
ErikO wrote:(the do have a 3rd model Dragoon in .44, ~$310 + s/h) and they are working on an updated catalog.
Hrm. Wonder what I can sell for the coin for that ... probably camera gear... l :hmmm:
I may take trades. Whatcha got? :)
Nikon F2 with 24/2.8, 50/1.4, 105/2.5P, 200/4 & 80-200/4.5 Pre-AI lenses. As a kit, that would cost over $300 from someplace like KEH, probably more on ebay though I stopped using them once paypal became required. The body still works well but I've mostly been using the glass on my Micro 4/3 digital. The 24/2.8 & 105/2.5P are especially nice optically (fairly heavy cosmetic wear on the 105) and as such go for about $225 of it. The Pre-AI glass doesn't work too well with Nikon digital bodies but they do work exquisitely with Micro 4/3 digitals and that's been pushing their values up again.

IF it's something you might want to talk about more, drop me a PM.
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.
Alex White

swopjan wrote:$315 is pretty good for a dragoon.

What kind of finishes are we talking on the 1851? Blue, nickel, stainless steel? Nickel 1851's are about the shiniest thing a guy could wish for :mrgreen:
I'll see what I can find out. I still want to score a couple 'samples' for myself.