Re: Brian Beckum

I have no idea. If I can catch him at the LGS I'll be sure to ask. I do know that the locks are made by hand so castings may be used or he shapes them with a file. I'd like to see one of his Brown Besses as I want to add one to my collection eventually.
All problems can be solved with a copious amount of high explosives.

The rounded face lock is an English lock. The flat face lock is a Germanic style, a Siler. The locks come unfinished and need considerable work to finish them.
"Hillary Clinton is the finest, bravest, kindest, the most wonderful person I've ever known in my whole life" Raymond Shaw

Fukshot wrote:
eelj wrote:The locks come unfinished and need considerable work to finish them.
Looks like Mr. Beckum doesn't think so.
He is following a specific style or school of finishing. They don't even come with the holes drilled and tapped for mounting. From what I saw in his gallery his work looks first rate. The Chambers parts sets are very expensive and leave little room for profit, if he is a true craftsman he is spending far less and ordering his parts from a number of different suppliers and doing most of the difficult finishing himself.
"Hillary Clinton is the finest, bravest, kindest, the most wonderful person I've ever known in my whole life" Raymond Shaw