Good Design, Bad Execution

A few years back I bought a TC Power Rod ramrod for my TC Triumph. Basically it's a ramrod with a folding T handle which can be useful, especially with the tight bore on the Triumph, cold hands, gloves etc while hunting. The only problem was that when I used it I would always cut my fingers on the cutout in the the handle where it folds against the shaft of the ramrod. I found it sitting, semi abandoned, in my garage airgun rack last night and in about sixty seconds with a triangular bastard file it is perfectly usable.

What a terrible thing for TC to overlook on an otherwise good product. I wonder how many of them are sitting abandoned in the deepest darkest corners of gun-safes because of this.

And.... What a dumbass I am for taking four years to fix it, considering what I do for a living. :oops: :roll:

'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

Re: Good Design, Bad Execution

I must now go and destroy a very large tank stand I built out of pressure treated lumber a few years back to hold two five hundred gallon algae tanks. I have the bad habit of building everything like an offshore sailboat.

I wonder If I'll need the Stihl? Vroom vroom, buzz!

'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

Elmo wrote:Ah, the aptly named bastard file!

As in, "I'm going to take the sharp edge off that bastard once and for all!"
A doctor designed the bandaid, an engineer designed the knuckle bandaid. ;)
:thumbup:
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

I have a pair of tin snips that pinch every time I just look at the fuckers.

There doesn't seem to be any way to make them less dangerous and I only use them about once a year, so buying anoher pair ain't happening. Plus, they're probably from the 1940's and my grandad's.

And for those thinking "but you should really be using gloves when using tin snips anyway".... thanks MOM.

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

senorgrand wrote:I have a pair of tin snips that pinch every time I just look at the fuckers.

There doesn't seem to be any way to make them less dangerous and I only use them about once a year, so buying anoher pair ain't happening. Plus, they're probably from the 1940's and my grandad's.

And for those thinking "but you should really be using gloves when using tin snips anyway".... thanks MOM.
Work sheet metal without gloves? I'd love to show you the line of scars across all four fingers on my left hand. ;)

-John Cleese