Re: LGC in Las Vegas 23-24 October 2015

Riverkilt wrote:So tempting....long drive but doable depending on work. Have a doc appt that Friday in Flagstaff, AZ long drive in from there. Hmmmm....

And hey - IF we go to the boonies will there be restrooms or just watering the scrub brush?
All of the Official LGC events will have civilized facilities within an easy stroll.

For the unofficial goings on, you may well be on your own..

:beer2: :beer2: :beer2:
Bleeding Heart Liberal with Second Amendment Benefits.

Simmer down wrote:
judgepacker wrote:This is where I reveal my cheap bastard genes....who wants to split a room with the clown?
Sure. Mini-me will be tagging along also.

Room for one more. :shock:
I call dibs on that one.... confirming soon!

Xela
"We are all born mad. Some remain so." Waiting for Godot

"...as soon as there is language, generality has entered the scene..." Derrida

Simmer down wrote:
VrtlOfc wrote:When I first noticed this event I "assumed" that it was a national or regional LGC meeting. It reads like a shoot. Can someone help me figure this out? Thanks ...
It's both!

Let me flesh this out. We talk about the group's direction and growth. We do some planning, bragging, etc. We have a raffle. We wine and dine. We have a range trip and usually some shooting challenges. We meet late Fri. Range and official meeting on Sat. Some other activities on Sun based on interest.

Puffing up is no substitute for smarts but it's a common home remedy

Simmer down wrote:
Simmer down wrote:
VrtlOfc wrote:When I first noticed this event I "assumed" that it was a national or regional LGC meeting. It reads like a shoot. Can someone help me figure this out? Thanks ...
It's both!

Let me flesh this out. We talk about the group's direction and growth. We do some planning, bragging, etc. We have a raffle. We wine and dine. We have a range trip and usually some shooting challenges. We meet late Fri. Range and official meeting on Sat. Some other activities on Sun based on interest.
It looks like I'm going to be in Vegas for a couple weeks overlapping this. I'll clear my schedule for Saturday.
So the question is:
What guns should I bring?
My 3" S&W .44 Mag?
Some of my nice-ish 1911s?
.460 Rowland?
Shotguns?

If the weather's beautiful I may ride a motorcycle up, or possibly drive. Otherwise I'll just have work fly me up and rent a car.

(.22 TCM - 9x19 - .357 Mag - 10mm - .45 ACP - .44 Mag - 7.62x39 - .308 Winchester - 7.62x54R - 12ga)

Speaking of things to bring, I'll be driving, so can bring whatever from my stash. The California folks have already seen/shot most everything, but if there are any requests for the below, let me know:

Mosin Nagant- Judgepacker Bob edition
VZ-58
Cali Compliant AR- Just so you can see that it's really not that bad. Although it definitely looks strange.

Y'all have probably seen plenty of the rest of the rifles I've got.
Interesting pistols:
Kahr MK9
Custom 44 mag revolver

Might bring some other stuff. But the Mosin weighs about 4 tons by itself.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou