Re: ZOMG! Look what they LET me buy online with no BG check!

This reminds me of back in the late 1980s a friend of mine skipped out of work, went fishing and drinking. He drank way to much and rolled his Toyota 4 runner, breaking some bones and putting him in a coma for 3 months. During his months of recuperation in the hospital he bought a kit like this to work on. His dad even brought him a hot plate to heat the parts for bluing. He had human silhouette target on the back of his hospital room door, and would practice dry firing. The nurses would laugh and joke about it, and no one thought he was a insane killer.. You could never get away doing that these days, thats for sure.

Sadly, a few years later due to brain damage he incurred from the accident, his family had to take all his guns away, as he developed a very short temper and a few times when drinking threatened to kill his family , even held a loaded AR 15 to his dads head one night for 30 minutes before breaking down crying and realizing what he had done.
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

Anybody considering a TOW parts set be advised. You will be cutting and reshaping most of the metal parts besides the wood which will require a tremendous amount of wood removed. The barrel will require you to cut all of the dove tails plus the vent holes drilled. The Hawken kits are considered the most difficult to do and are avoided by many of the finest professionals building muzzle loaders.

Yesterday at the range a very nice gentleman let me take a shot with his Hawken .50 cal percussion cap rifle.

I think I have caught this bug.

I have a birthday in 3 weeks, and my savings goals are a little off the mark this year anyways (because this upcoming US election is my first rodeo and I felt compelled to pad Gary Johnsons budget some).

So, what the heck, why not make the savings goal a little more off the mark.

Hope you enjoy your new purchase!

Hank wrote:Yesterday at the range a very nice gentleman let me take a shot with his Hawken .50 cal percussion cap rifle.

I think I have caught this bug.

I have a birthday in 3 weeks, and my savings goals are a little off the mark this year anyways (because this upcoming US election is my first rodeo and I felt compelled to pad Gary Johnsons budget some).

So, what the heck, why not make the savings goal a little more off the mark.

Hope you enjoy your new purchase!
You can do it ! I have been looking around for black powder, but im wanting something smaller than a 50 cal. Once upon a time i had a 40 call traders rifle, original. I had never shot but my gramps gave it to me and i stupidly at 16, let a friends dad talk me out of it. Man was my dad pissed too.

But right now i think im moving many of my collection to relatives and friends places. Only a couple minutes away, but my neighborhood has been rash lately with break ends, and once again there are squatters in the house for sale right next to mine.

I dont want some jackass getting my guns and hurting,or worse, killing someone with them. Even though i think most are well hidden and secured, you just cant be sure. So breaking them up might prevent loss of all of them. Ill keep enough for defense though.

However, i doubt many criminals , if they knew about guns, would want black powder. That might be a huge plus for investing in them. ?

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

curtism1234 wrote:
dandad wrote: You can do it ! I have been looking around for black powder, but im wanting something smaller than a 50 cal.
If you're wanting to deer hunt, make sure it's at least 40 caliber per the law. Personally, unless squirrel hunting with a muzzleloader I'd just get a 50 and shoot 60 grains with a ball if you want no recoil.
Is there a caliber law? I just want it for killing those damn paper targets that taunt me at the range.

- Me -

-Me-

I must proof read more

Years ago, I bought a Thompson Center Hawkins Mountain Rifle kit. .50 cal. Set triggers, and modern springs in the cap lock. Hours of work smoothing the barrel and browning it. More hours smoothing the wood and finishing that. A joy to shoot. It's as accurate as the best shooter could ask for. Maxi ball hits at 100 yards with about the same energy as a 30-30. I would brag about the cloverleaf patterns in the target, but it is a big bullet.

Need to get it out for some exercise .
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
- Ronald Reagan

dandad wrote:
curtism1234 wrote:
dandad wrote: You can do it ! I have been looking around for black powder, but im wanting something smaller than a 50 cal.
If you're wanting to deer hunt, make sure it's at least 40 caliber per the law. Personally, unless squirrel hunting with a muzzleloader I'd just get a 50 and shoot 60 grains with a ball if you want no recoil.
Is there a caliber law? I just want it for killing those damn paper targets that taunt me at the range.

Not for paper :beer:

40 for deer if you're in Missouri