Primitive Biathlon

I was reading in the "Muzzleloader" magazine a while back about a primitive biathlon in Vermont which involved muzzleloaders and snowshoes. Anybody ever tried that? It looked like something that would be fun for all ages and abilities and has some potential for drawing in a few folks who haven't been involved with shooting sports.

Re: Primitive Biathlon

I love anything that will let me target shoot, and move around. Nothing is more boring than standing in one spot, punching holes in paper. A run (or brisk walk in my case) from one target to another sounds like great fun.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Re: Primitive Biathlon

Thanks, folks. I knew I'd seen a website somewhere for that biathlon but my computer was behaving too badly last night to go looking for it.

I'd really like to see something like that get started around here. I'd prefer skis over snowshoes but if one wanted to keep it more old-timey looking I imagine snowshoes were used more than skis for winter excursions in the muzzleloader days. Old fashioned looking snowshoes are also more common now than old fashioned looking skis, not to mention that snowshoes are easier for beginners to remain vertical on than skis.