Re: How celebrate the 4th

I'm the only one on my block who's hung the flag. And I voted Green.

Whassamatta?

I'm gonna blow off a couple firecrackers after sunset, out in my garden of moist soil that makes neat craters after a 'cracker.

I think BP is very 4th of July.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

1530 hrs...prime BBQ time, right?

And it's pouring rain...lol.

Had a video, but it's too large. Oh well...

"Taxes may be raised and cut, legislation may be passed and repealed. But Liberty, like rock worn away by rushing water, is very difficult to restore once lost.". --senorgrand
Last edited by rascally on Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In every generation there are those who want to rule well - but they mean to rule. They promise to be good masters - but they mean to be masters." — Daniel Webster

Louis wrote:Fun! Nice shooting and nice looking rifle. What make is it? Now I'm tempted to get out my Great Plains Rifle (percussion) Might be too many other people out on the ranges with the same idea today, however.

I see there's 21 hours of sunlight in Fairbanks today. You still have time to get out there. :thumbup:

Puffing up is no substitute for smarts but it's a common home remedy

Fun! Nice shooting and nice looking rifle. What make is it? Now I'm tempted to get out my Great Plains Rifle (percussion) Might be too many other people out on the ranges with the same idea today, however.

It is a pedersoli made it from a kit. Easy one to put together mostly sanding and polishing. Fun winter project think I may get a GPR this winter my CVA from the 70s is getting kinda long in the tooth.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I really like my GPR. Of course it's my first and only muzzleloader rifle (so far) so don't have much to compare it to. I'd really like a flintlock like yours, but thought I'd start with a percussion since Pyrodex is much simpler to obtain here than real black powder. I think I'd probably go with a kit too, when I get caught up on my other projects....okay, that won't happen in my lifetime!