Gun Works Muzzleloader Emporium

South of Portland, in Springfield OR, is a gun shop specializing in black powder only.
It's a mom and pop shop about a 90 minute drive from PDX, and just about the only store for hundreds of miles where you can buy *real* black powder in bulk. I've been perusing their catalog, and I'm anxious to get down there. This is Eclipse Weekend, though, so it will have to be next week or the week after to avoid the clogged highways.
Thought I'd post this resource here for what bills itself as "the biggest blackpowder store West to the Rockies" ...or is it west of the Mississippi? West of somewhere, anyway. They have great stuff: from custom Hawkins, to forged knives, to the custom Alex Henry blackpowder target rifle on the cover. Blackpowder revolvers too.
20170820_100308_resized.jpg
Here's the link: http://thegunworks.com

Re: Gun Works Muzzleloader Emporium

I made it down to The Gun Works in Springfield today (next door to Eugene) and came back with a supply of Goex FFg, a new pistol, and an eyeful of beauties. It’s a great little shop, friendly, no politics heard while I was there, and the only place I know of in Oregon where you can buy real Blackpowder over the counter (discount for 25lbs plus).

There was a Jim Trueblood custom Pennsylvania Rifle there that I was drooling over, but I’m too Xmas and Gun poor at the moment to even think about a $2000 flintlock (sigh). Next year in Jerusalem....

2940102E-E77C-4C03-B105-CF61C58BAD37.jpeg