Re: Lotus bike

I saw that on a bike forum I'm on a few days ago. I'm surprised Lotus of all companies would make a bike that's not great around corners. The wheelbase is way too long and the fork angle too flat for that :eh:

I'll stick with my KTM, thank you very much.

TheViking wrote:I saw that on a bike forum I'm on a few days ago. I'm surprised Lotus of all companies would make a bike that's not great around corners. The wheelbase is way too long and the fork angle too flat for that :eh:

Well if we both were to go back in time me with the Lotus and you with the KTM I'll bet that I bonk more birds than you do. Positive earth.
"Hillary Clinton is the finest, bravest, kindest, the most wonderful person I've ever known in my whole life" Raymond Shaw

STLWaffles wrote:There is noting Lotus about this bike except the logo :(
thats what its been for a while now. I'd love ro see that bike in racing green.
"Hillary Clinton is the finest, bravest, kindest, the most wonderful person I've ever known in my whole life" Raymond Shaw

eelj wrote:
TheViking wrote:I saw that on a bike forum I'm on a few days ago. I'm surprised Lotus of all companies would make a bike that's not great around corners. The wheelbase is way too long and the fork angle too flat for that :eh:

Well if we both were to go back in time me with the Lotus and you with the KTM I'll bet that I bonk more birds than you do. Positive earth.
Not sure my Wife would approve of me bonking any birds :laugh:

Heck with that.

Here's the real deal from England...

Triumph Thruxton. 900cc. $9,099. Unlike the Lotus, you can buy it now.
Last edited by wlewisiii on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.
Alex White

eelj wrote:
STLWaffles wrote:There is noting Lotus about this bike except the logo :(
thats what its been for a while now. I'd love ro see that bike in racing green.
Click on the image in the link in the OP. Scroll through the gallery. It's there.

CDFingers wrote:Needs a bigger pic

CDFingers
Err. Oops?

Fixing it.

ETA: Better. I knew it was a bit big but I didn't think that big. Acted different when I looked at it from the Truimph web page.

Stopped at the local shop this morning and looked at a nice Honda Shadowhawk. Bit small at 250cc but I love the idea of 75 mpg & $900. Also had a Honda Sabre (750 V4) for $800. Since the auto is dying if I make it to spring ...
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.
Alex White

wlewisiii wrote:Heck with that.

The Triumph Thruxton would be just nice in either a racing yellow or black! Wish I had the cash for even a used one! :beer2:

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

The woes of Lotus parallel what I see wrong with our world in general.

The people who are good at speculation are rewarded (they make the big money) more than those who innovate and actually produce.
"There never was a union of church and state which did not bring serious evils to religion."
The Right Reverend John England, first Roman Catholic Bishop of Charleston SC, 1825.

SwampGrouch wrote:The woes of Lotus parallel what I see wrong with our world in general.

The people who are good at speculation are rewarded (they make the big money) more than those who innovate and actually produce.
I see that in my own profession, very sad! But, sometimes a little ol' fashioned fun on a bike would be stress relieving like a range trip with your favorite range buddy!

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote:I see that in my own profession, very sad! But, sometimes a little ol' fashioned fun on a bike would be stress relieving like a range trip with your favorite range buddy!
Go to the range on bikes!! :yahoo: :thumbup: :yahoo:
"There never was a union of church and state which did not bring serious evils to religion."
The Right Reverend John England, first Roman Catholic Bishop of Charleston SC, 1825.

SwampGrouch wrote:
sikacz wrote:I see that in my own profession, very sad! But, sometimes a little ol' fashioned fun on a bike would be stress relieving like a range trip with your favorite range buddy!
Yep, why not! :bananadance: :beer2:

wlewisiii wrote:Heck with that.

It's a pity the originals were so damn high maintenance because they do look good.

Chamber's empty, magazine's full, safety's broken.

ErikO wrote:I hate shopping carts enough to put ape hangers on whatever bike I get. Well, maybe not a Vincent Blackshadow...

Sweet.

SwampGrouch wrote:
Most of the NoCa folks here know the road out to the range at Chabot. A fellow LGC member now has my old takedown .22 that I bought explicitly to throw in a bag on my back for the trip out there. A truly excellent (and challenging at speed) road followed by a few hours of shooting, followed by the ride back (which is the harder direction to take that road) made for many happy days in the hills.

I don't know about now but in 1970 I bought one of these...

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/harley ... e_1970.php

Had a custom seat & paint.....

Had to sell it to ship the dog to england when I was transferred there in '74

Also had one of these with custom paint & "ape hangers"

http://www.classic-british-motorcycles. ... ville.html

If I had the $$ and inclination to get on a MC again, I would really :love: This:

http://silodrome.com/ariel-square-four/

However as age and bills have caught up with me as well as common sense, I must regrettably pass... but one could for a time travel device....... :hmmm:
The more you Learn the Less you Know..
USN, Ret. '63-'85
Sig P226 MK25, Browning A Bolt II .223 Remington
St. Louis, MO/Webster Groves
http://theliberalgunclubinc.memberlodge.org