Re: Lets talk some games

senorgrand wrote:Well I got it set up. Unfortunately, the No Man's Sky update is almost 3gigs!

Guess I'll be doing something other than playing my PS4 today. :(

Ha yep, that seems to be the way of it. Got my kids xbone set up and he was all set to play some CoD Blops 3 when he was hit with a 8ish gig or so update. The teenage unhappiness was real, even though I had just warned him that was a thing. I did set the xbone up the night before though, and ran the systems update so he didnt have to monkey around with that.

Steam: machine_gun_monkey

Origin: mgmonkey

PSN: monkeyXIII

UPlay: mgmonkey13

Guild Wars 2: Mr Plunxx is my main. Should be able to add me that way. if not, i'll add my account name later

Battle.net: SerinXIII #1421

I've been into Final Fantasy XV for a little while now and haven't done much on the PC lately, but feel free to add me :)

Fallout 4 question: is there a way to not have the Railroad and the Brotherhood get into a deathmatch at the end of the game?

If I have to choose, I'll pick Railroad. Other than Fallout 3, the Brotherhood are pretty much assholes in the Fallout universe.

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

senorgrand wrote:Fallout 4 question: is there a way to not have the Railroad and the Brotherhood get into a deathmatch at the end of the game?

If I have to choose, I'll pick Railroad. Other than Fallout 3, the Brotherhood are pretty much assholes in the Fallout universe.
There actually is a way to keep the Railroad and the Brotherhood from fighting each other at the endgame, but it requires a VERY specific set of choices that technically subverts Bethesda's attempts to make you pick a side. The right path exists, you're just going to have to dig it up on YouTube I think. If I remember right it'll spare the Minutemen too.

And yeah, the Brotherhood are a bunch of godsdamn fascists in every other game besides Fallout 3, and that's only because the Capital Wasteland BoS had a leader that decided to give more of a shit about people than "We need to secure all this old tech so nobody uses it irresponsibly. And so nobody but us can use it.". I knew there was a reason I always wanted to smack that little brat Maxson whenever I was at the Citadel. When I eventually make it to the end of the game (which in Survival mode might be a year from now or more), he's gonna get smacked. Possibly with a power fist.
My official title is Doctor Mister Hunter Of Skullyness. Don't ask me, ask Fukshot.

The moral certainty of the crusader is as much a comfort to them as it is a burden to those in the path of their crusade.

senorgrand wrote::roflmao:

Thanks!
No problem. :) Either this weekend or next I'll be doing the clean reinstall of FO4 and reorganization of my mod list before diving into survival mode. I'm probably going to spend the first month in-game just building up Sanctuary and Abernathy Farms before I go anywhere else. Hopefully there's enough junk I can scrap in Sanctuary to build a settler beacon so I don't have to go get Preston until I'm ready for him and the whole another-settlement-needs-your-help runaround.
My official title is Doctor Mister Hunter Of Skullyness. Don't ask me, ask Fukshot.

The moral certainty of the crusader is as much a comfort to them as it is a burden to those in the path of their crusade.

Inger19 wrote:Anyone playing/played Witcher 3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't tried that yet. I struggled with the first game for like ten minutes and gave up, the combat system was just very unfamiliar.

senorgrand wrote:Well I got it set up. Unfortunately, the No Man's Sky update is almost 3gigs!

Guess I'll be doing something other than playing my PS4 today. :(
Ugh, cringed at NMS...

Still playing Eve Online, still bad at it, still managing to rip off greedy nerds. ;)
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

ErikO wrote:Ugh, cringed at NMS...

Still playing Eve Online, still bad at it, still managing to rip off greedy nerds. ;)
Whenever I see someone mention No Man's Sky, this is the first thing that pops into my head. And then my wife has to make me stop watching it before I crack a rib laughing.

TheHunterOfSkulls wrote:

I haven't tried that yet. I struggled with the first game for like ten minutes and gave up, the combat system was just very unfamiliar.
I never played the first two, but I'm enjoying 3. Lately too much story though - I don't want to spend all day talking to NPCs.

Inger19 wrote:
TheHunterOfSkulls wrote:

I never played the first two, but I'm enjoying 3. Lately too much story though - I don't want to spend all day talking to NPCs.

Controls in the first were awful, second is bearable but only just with a controller. 3 is sublime with a controller, havent tried it on a keyboard. I use a wireless xbone pad and have no issues.

Lately I've been playing Super Jingoistic Brothers....er..I mean Ghost Recons Wildlands. It's amusing, but the squad AI is infuriating. I know i should be playing co-op with real people but when I first start these games I like to wander haphazardly (ooh something shiny in the distance I need to see it!) and I don't want to subject other players to that. Performance on my 1080 is okish, playing on a mix of very high and ultra @ 1440p and I still see some drops. Though it doesnt seem to be tied to anything I can pin down.

Also https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/0 ... sed-today/

Adds rovers and ground vehicles to the game, I may have to reinstall and give it a whirl.

Witcher 3 is one of the absolute best games I've ever played, hands down. It is huge and time consuming, have some free time ready. The DLCs are just as good as the base game too.

I started Mass Effect: Andromeda yesterday. I haven't played enough to have a solid opinion, but it's definitely appealing so far.

TheHunterOfSkulls wrote:
senorgrand wrote::roflmao:

Thanks!
No problem. :) Either this weekend or next I'll be doing the clean reinstall of FO4 and reorganization of my mod list before diving into survival mode. I'm probably going to spend the first month in-game just building up Sanctuary and Abernathy Farms before I go anywhere else. Hopefully there's enough junk I can scrap in Sanctuary to build a settler beacon so I don't have to go get Preston until I'm ready for him and the whole another-settlement-needs-your-help runaround.
Highly recommend the NSA (No Settlement Attacks) mod. It gets Preston the hell off your back permanently. And the lack of settlement attacks was a completely negligible change for me :)

affinois wrote:

Witcher 3 is one of the absolute best games I've ever played, hands down. It is huge and time consuming, have some free time ready. The DLCs are just as good as the base game too.

I started Mass Effect: Andromeda yesterday. I haven't played enough to have a solid opinion, but it's definitely appealing so far.
I am definitely enjoying W3 but I'm finding a little too much story at times. Like shut up and let me go kill something. Or find something. Or do SOMETHING other than stand here and talk to an NPC for 30 minutes.

yes, i've put way too much thought into this, but sometimes you just gotta kick reality to the curb for a while. some people prefer chardonnay. :yikes:

just played through skyrim (and the dragonborn dlc) again, unaligned (neither stormcloak nor imperial) khajiit as usual, and was thinking about the political situation and where i would like it to have gone.

if i were a skilled modder i'd be working on something for this. "High King of Skyrim". probably a complicated mess because of the complexities of the factions and the civil war if you've taken a side.

skyrim has 3 substantial factions, stormcloaks, imperials and the also-ran forsworn. silverbloods and blackbriars are looking out for #1, no big mystery there. the main bone of contention between stormcloak and imperial factions (apart from ulfric's personal ambition) is talos worship. it's clear to me that the empire doesn't really mind taos worship, is only making a deal about it because of thalmor pressure, and that is because ulfric is using it to justify his ambitions to the people. being a khajiit, i have no obvious stake in the outcome, except that some of the stormcloaks are blatant bigots, as opposed to the more subtle bigotry of the empire. and the forsworn are simply murderous barbarians who attack anyone for no reason that i can see, though they definitely have a point about how markarth is being run. i haven't spent much time looking at the forsworn, maybe madanach could figure into it somehow. if you get him out of the mines, he owes you. politics, alliances and intrigue.

the thalmor are the real problem. high elf supremacists, seeking to impose their control over all tamriel according to just about everyone you talk to, including the thalmor themselves. they probably want to (re)enslave all the humans, and i can't imagine what they have in mind for the beast races, so that could get personal. early in the game, the thalmor declare open season on you, sending random assassins to kill you, and i'm happy to return the favor, killing thalmor anytime the opportunity to do so and get away with it presents itself. i like to ambush them on the road and free their prisoners, and after the embassy mission i will go up to the embassy, find a high rock overlooking the compound, and snipe the guards, just for fun.
at some point i may come in the front gate or tcl over the fence and murdilate them all. same in markarth, arrogant SOBs. oddly, so far, i've not seen any thalmor at all in thalmor HQ in castle dour, solitude. :think:

but i'd like something more substantial, much more substantial. i'd like to drive them out of skyrim altogether, and i think the way to do that is to shove ulfric and elisif aside and become high king (yeah, right, khajiit high king of skyrim :wtf:). hey, we're dragonborn, we killed alduin, eater of worlds. we could even have a claim to be emperor. some of the emperors were indiscriminate about who and what they slept with, so why not claim the imperial bloodline as well?, or use ulfric and/or elisif as a front, though both of them are tainted. declare skyrim independent but allied with the empire (more politics and intrigue), so we can ignore the white-gold concordat without embroiling the empire in our little vendetta, and kill thalmor. every last one of them in skyrim. if the empire wants to help, no problem.

i have no real problem with high elves individually (except their attitude of superiority*), but the thalmor have made their choice and deserve to reap the consequences.

* as any cat owner understands, khajiiti know that we are the superior race. but we are so confident of our place in the scheme of things that we have nothing to prove, and others' failure to recognize it is simply further evidence of their inferiority.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

So I've decided to try this streaming thing and have set up a Twitch Channel to further this goal. I plan to start off with some of the games on my PC then move into other stuff as well. I've tenitively named the channel "Games, Guns, and Geekery" as i plan to deal with those topics. Currently I've been doing a lot of Playerunknown's Battleground so look for me there and if you are interested maybe we can do some Duo or Squad matches.
I shoot guns and make ammo to.

Reviving this thread.

I restarted Fallout 4 last night. The first run-through I did, I played the frantic parent trying to get her son back. I shunned most side quests and pushed the main story line almost exclusively. After the initial plot twist, I found that story line sub-par. Especially since there are only so many ways you can play the factions against each other.

I decided to play it again, but this time as a parent so wracked with guilt that they just assume their son is lost. That way, I can pursue the Minutemen and side quests and meander more of the wasteland.

I'm only running two mods...first is the "scrap anything" mod, which is freaking amazing. The second allows you build a "your special" book for every 100 pre-war monies you find.

I'm also taking Wadsworth instead of Dogmeat. I play a sniper, so my followers are typically pack mules, comic relief and distractions. I like Wadsworth in this role. I may treat him crappy though, as he is a painful reminder of my past. ;)

Of the Fallout series, I like the system Fallout 4 provides, but I think New Vegas dominates in terms of storyline.

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

Wow, didn't know we had a gaming section. I am happy to find it, unfortunately I do not play on PC (I am not good with computers) I enjoyed fallout 4, but didn't think it was as good as 3 or new Vegas. And I hated elder Maxon, he's a douche, but my loyalty is always and forever to the brotherhood of steel so I sucked it up. I play on the Xbox one, and am excitedly awaiting Virtual Reality.