Re: Shaving - Another hobby

Lsj74, That’s an impressive collection. Some interesting razors and old blade packs. Looks like a Simpson brush in there too.

A friend of mine had some trouble for a while when he was starting out and he learned that any soap that contained even small amounts of menthol, like Proraso, caused him irritation. It was a little like razor burn.

leitmotiv wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:00 pm Lsj74, That’s an impressive collection. Some interesting razors and old blade packs. Looks like a Simpson brush in there too.

A friend of mine had some trouble for a while when he was starting out and he learned that any soap that contained even small amounts of menthol, like Proraso, caused him irritation. It was a little like razor burn.
I don't know what it is. I have used menthol shaving cream without issues in the past. Right now I'm just letting the beard grow. I haven't shaved since February.
MaxwellG is buying a couple of the adjustable razors and I'm thinking about putting the rest on eBay.
That is a Simpson brush in there.

Well thanks to lsj74 I purchased two razors from him...thanks again they are nice.
Turns out the one on the left is a Gillette 1958 "Fatboy". The one on the right is a Gillette 1967 "Slim".
I cleaned and sanitized them. They'll be getting packed up for Revamp at Razor Emporium so they'll be nice, clean and shiny to use.

I used the Fatboy (unofficial nickname) Model 195 was the real name of the razor and was reference to it's price of $1.95 when introduced by Gillette.
It provides a beautiful close shave, I've used it 3 times this week.

Razors-Fat Boy and Slim - Copy.jpeg
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.