christian weight loss? srsly?

disclaimer: i'm a non-believer.
saw this ad on my e-mail provider site.
https://www.BrokeTheUrlSoIWouldn'tPromoteCrazySoMuch
aside from what i see as conceptual weirdness, it could benefit from some proofreading. :yikes:
Last edited by lurker on Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Re: christian weight loss? srsly?

Yes, I still receive a lot of firearms-related email newsletters and they are also getting more and more strange. Christian this or Tactical that? Right-wing grifters everywhere.

I delete the emails, but keep up with the latest propaganda via those emails.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

lurker wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:34 pm did i break the rules again?
grouchy old goat. i can identify.
Probably want to delete the link and maybe just quote some of the email. Like these propaganda headlines that I receive daily...

Breaking News...

GOP Sen. Slams AOC: ‘The Voices in Her Head Are Not Real’

TRUMP: Executive Order a Possibility on Census Question

Pocahontas Claims Gov’t Deprives Minority Women of Opportunities

NY Gov. Cuomo Demands Probe into Hurricane Maria Response
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

lurker wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:34 pm did i break the rules again?
grouchy old goat. i can identify.
Nope. Referring to the website- the grouchy goat is how some folks refer to atheists, and that good children who are just trying to convert folks should avoid us and let the adults handle the tougher cases.......
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Christian groups have their own AA meetings, NA meetings...so not unusual they'd have weight loss meetings. Maybe they teach them to cover their kitchen with appropriate Bible verses to stop eating. Trade one addiction for another.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

i read anton lavey's "satanic bible" for a book report (1970?) in HS. i was not impressed, mostly just more claptrap to justify bad behavior. but it helped me to understand that some self-professed "christians", especially evangelists, actually worship mammon. https://mythology.net/demons/mammon/ i remember being mystified why anyone would substitute one invisible friend for another, although that didn't seem to be what lavey was getting at.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

As I read the Satanic Temple stuff, I don't give much weight to them actually giving credence to an invisible friend. More that it's a pushback against evangelicals who are pushing christianity into the .gov space than anything else. Which I wholeheartedly support.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou