Scent.

I have a question for the other hunters about this. I keep my hunting clothes in scent safe bags, only wash them with scent free detergent, line dry only, don't wear them in the car, etc. I'm sure most of you do. What about all your other gear? I have a versapack and a Maxpedition rip off assault pack camelback. I use both for multi sports mainly mountain biking, hiking kayaking and hunting. Obviously my gear gets sweaty and dirty, particularly my camelback when riding. I have no desire to own separate or any more gear for hunting. There's also the potentially smelly sheathes of things like knives and rangefinders. Right now my only strategy is soaking things in the spray on scent killers.

Are my efforts/money worth it or should I just forget it and pay attention only to the wind.

This is not well worded. Sorry.I hate composing on my phone.
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

Re: Scent.

Well... it depends, and I hate that answer.

It depends on what kind of hunting you're doing. I grew up "spot and stalking" in the mountains of Idaho for elk and deer. There it matters much less what you smell like than always, ALWAYS having the wind in you're face, and planning your route accordingly. On the other hand, if you're sitting in a tree stand or a ground blind it's a whole other ball game. A ball game I know nothing about.

For me and how I hunt, I keep the wind in my face and do my best to be as silent as possible...
"Knowledge without mileage is BULLSHIT!" -Henry Rollins

Re: Scent.

Sometimes I think hunters can take it to the extreme. I've known hunters that even peed and crapped in bags and sealed it and they didn't have any more luck in the woods than anybody else. Where I hunt its cold so I wear only wool and I just make sure its well aired out and never bring them into the house during the season.
"Hillary Clinton is the finest, bravest, kindest, the most wonderful person I've ever known in my whole life" Raymond Shaw