Omens.

Today is opening day of whitetail muzzleloader season here in VA. This is the first time in four years I've spent the first weekend in Nov with my family. Unfortunately the land I hunt is family owned (not my family) and was recently passed down. It now has four owners, my buddy and his wife who graciously let me hunt thereand now his wife's sister and husband. Unfortunately, my bud's brother in law picked this weekend to take his church group camping out there. I am not bemoaning it, beggars can't be choosers but jeez Louise, he picked a bad weekend. It rained cats and dogs most of the night and today is the biggest hunting day of the year out there. All the surrounding land is hunted. Even with just ML's the gunfire is continuous from sunrise until around nine am. I cant imagine a soggy night in a Wally World tent culminating in a pyrodex wake up call is much fun for your average once in a while camper.

As I'm not able to hunt, I pulled out my ML to fondle and lament and found I had completely neglected to clean it after sighting in a few weeks back. Good thing I use Blackhorn 209 but it still wasn't pretty!

I can't decide if these goings on are good or bad omens for my season but I lean pessimistic right now. Today would have been a glorious day to hunt!
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese