Re: Female Deer with Antlers

rltriumph wrote:Probably depends on the state. They are rare but not uncommon.
Hah. Pretty sure you got that qualification backwards, rtriumph. Uncommon but not rare.

In Vermont and New Hampshire, the legality of the kill in 'buck-only' season is based on the presence of antlers (and secondarily length and points), not on the sex of the deer. Unless one's sense of smell is better-than-average, and the deer is upwind, the animal's sex is not obvious.

:cool:
The universe - is what it is.

hillman wrote:
rltriumph wrote:Probably depends on the state. They are rare but not uncommon.
Hah. Pretty sure you got that qualification backwards, rtriumph. Uncommon but not rare.

In Vermont and New Hampshire, the legality of the kill in 'buck-only' season is based on the presence of antlers (and secondarily length and points), not on the sex of the deer. Unless one's sense of smell is better-than-average, and the deer is upwind, the animal's sex is not obvious.

:cool:
I know out west you have to leave proof of sex on the carcass. Not sure of the legality of a female with antlers in that case. I don't deer hunt in VT so not sure here.
Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here! The Dude.
Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap - Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled

rltriumph wrote:I know out west you have to leave proof of sex on the carcass. Not sure of the legality of a female with antlers in that case. I don't deer hunt in VT so not sure here.
Cell phone cameras are very useful things.
"There never was a union of church and state which did not bring serious evils to religion."
The Right Reverend John England, first Roman Catholic Bishop of Charleston SC, 1825.