Re: Bullet ricochets off boar, kills motorist 2km away

Conspiracy theorists will be all over this since there as been renewed, albeit early and informal, non-discussion that was going nowhere of ordinary French citizens being able to own firearms for self-defense.

Must have been _some_ boar.
sbɐɯ ʎʇıɔɐdɐɔ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɟo ןןnɟ ǝɟɐs
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ 1ɐ4ɯ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- ɯoɔos0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ ʇuǝɯǝɔɹoɟuǝ ʍɐן sʇןoɔ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- 0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

CDFingers wrote:Most unusual. I sure would like to know the round being used--still lethal after bouncing off the boar's shoulder armor, travelling two kliks, then going through a window.

CDFingers
Indeed. I thought SP rounds were meant to prevent ricochets. Wait, ricochet IS a French word...

ric·o·chet noun \ˈri-kə-ˌshā, British also -ˌshet\

Def 1: something (such as a bullet or stone) that ricochets off a surface
Def 2: to shoot at and miss, esp. when French.

Pierre tried to stop the German invasion, but he only brought his ricochet bullets.
LGC Texas - Vice President

Surplus steel core ammo? Maybe? Perhaps a couple hundred yards away but at that distance I don't think so. Boars do have some tough points bone wise but you hit a shoulder they usually tear up whatever hits it. I have seen a Bears shoulder (real close to a pig structure wise) not get penetrated by an arrow and glance off but not a bullet unless the old guy was shooting at the moon and taking a Hail Mary shot.
Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here! The Dude.
Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap - Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled

rltriumph wrote:Surplus steel core ammo? Maybe? Perhaps a couple hundred yards away but at that distance I don't think so. Boars do have some tough points bone wise but you hit a shoulder they usually tear up whatever hits it. I have seen a Bears shoulder (real close to a pig structure wise) not get penetrated by an arrow and glance off but not a bullet unless the old guy was shooting at the moon and taking a Hail Mary shot.
this is the most realistic scenario. :yes:

Puffing up is no substitute for smarts but it's a common home remedy

The scenario I could imagine would be slightly glancing shot at the shoulder from something like a magnum rifle cartridge. Still the velocity loss and the tumbling makes a terminal would unlikely. Unless the motorist crashes their car and does from the injuries sustained from the crash..

There are sure to be some interesting testimony on ballistics at THAT trial.
Bleeding Heart Liberal with Second Amendment Benefits.